Beer Can Chicken

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frames to hold the can for this were on sale at Bunnings the other day.

We've had a similar-concept (non-stick) 'beer can' chicken cooker for years now, ours even has a nice water-tray around the edge so the fat does not go everywhere. :)
Coke works as well as beer, lots of garlic and stuff go down well also.

We've had a similar-concept (non-stick) 'beer can' chicken cooker for years now, ours even has a nice water-tray around the edge so the fat does not go everywhere. :)
Coke works as well as beer, lots of garlic and stuff go down well also.

we filled those cans with a russian imperial stout and i think the other was a pale ale.

we filled those cans with a russian imperial stout and i think the other was a pale ale.

I hope the Russian Imperial Stout wasn't the one I tried from CM2....
That was an excellent brew and would have been much nicer if it was consumed cold rather than being used as a chicken seasoning.

Cheers

Roller

Is that the biggest chicken you've seen????

What size is that?

Cheers

I hope the Russian Imperial Stout wasn't the one I tried from CM2....
That was an excellent brew and would have been much nicer if it was consumed cold rather than being used as a chicken seasoning.

Cheers

Roller
Yeah I think it was my RIS but a differant one to the one I gave u.

It was really good chicken. I'm sure there wasn't a scrap left over.

There's a couple of other threads on beer can or beer butt chicken also if ur interested in reading them. Or just type it into google and get lots of rsfults.

I do this ocassionally and the family love it. Use a coke can half filled with Guinness. Over the top of the chicken (and inside) I use a BBQ rub something along the lines of:

Italian herbs
Paprika
Salt
Raw sugar

Mix together and pat all over (and in) the chicken.

I do this ocassionally and the family love it. Use a coke can half filled with Guinness. Over the top of the chicken (and inside) I use a BBQ rub something along the lines of:

Italian herbs
Paprika
Salt
Raw sugar

Mix together and pat all over (and in) the chicken.

I am planning on making an RIS so I might have to reserve a stubby to make a couple of canned chickens.
Mind you, there is some merit in buying some lower grade stuff at the shop as it is just for seasoning....

I use a similar mix, however it usually without the raw sugar and I mix it in olive oli so it sticks to the chicken really well. I also add pepper and my mix is almost paste like with lots of paprika.

Cheers

Roller

She ruined a perfectly good chicken recipe with a can of Bud Lite! :icon_vomit:

Did this last night. Rubbed a chicken with the following:

Lemon
Brown sugar
Sea salt
Paprika
Cumin
Sumac

Then half filled a can with some of my pale ale and threw it all in the BBQ with some hickory chips. 90mins later it was beautiful.

Cheers SJ

Did this last night. Rubbed a chicken with the following:

Lemon
Brown sugar
Sea salt
Paprika
Cumin
Sumac

Then half filled a can with some of my pale ale and threw it all in the BBQ with some hickory chips. 90mins later it was beautiful.

Cheers SJ

sounds beautiful! might give that a try!

Made one of these for dinner tonight.

Used a James Squires I.P.A in the can

This was absolutely awesome, was the best thing i have eaten in a long time....

So juicy and the skin was so crisp, with a smokey taste...

Give it a go guys, you wont regret it :icon_drool2:

Yeah, my only regret was that i only cooked one chook. I will learn from my mistakes!!

Cheers SJ

I have used this method a few times, and the chook turns out delicious.
I'd recommend using a big can though, like Guiness or kilkenny.

do i need o remove the ball if i do kilkenny

pretty sure its plastic yeah??? i would if it is mate, cut the lid off the can and fish it out, mine used about 1/2 of a stubby, so dont worry if you spill some.

do i need o remove the ball if i do kilkenny
your meant to cut the top of the can off so there is more room for the beer to vapourise etc. so yeah remove the widget or else it might melt.

Latest posts

Back