Beer, Blood Pressure And The Ticker

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to second what kabooby said. Being an overworked health professional can be very frustrating when the majority of your patients don't take your advice anyway (I'm not one by the way, but have seen heaps of them as I will be one in two years time, hopefully...). Patients who actually take advice and lose the weight, modify their diet and do the exercise are a real pleasure to work with. The problem is society these days wants a one hit fix without getting off their fat arses and doing anything about it and there is also the fact that the health system is full of breaucrats and not enough doctors that there simply isn't the time to spend with patients, which is a sorry state of affairs, but not the doctors fault. The government should be focusing on allied health (ie nutritionists, dietitians, etc) and not letting kids become obese by age 12 and we might not have so many of the problems we have now.

Rant off now

Dave

Edit: I should clarify that my experience is only limited to the NSW health system in the rural/western half of NSW, so I cant really speak for the rest of the country :)

I'd have to second what kabooby said. Being an overworked health professional can be very frustrating when the majority of your patients don't take your advice anyway (I'm not one by the way, but have seen heaps of them as I will be one in two years time, hopefully...). Patients who actually take advice and lose the weight, modify their diet and do the exercise are a real pleasure to work with. The problem is society these days wants a one hit fix without getting off their fat arses and doing anything about it and there is also the fact that the health system is full of breaucrats and not enough doctors that there simply isn't the time to spend with patients, which is a sorry state of affairs, but not the doctors fault. The government should be focusing on allied health (ie nutritionists, dietitians, etc) and not letting kids become obese by age 12 and we might not have so many of the problems we have now.

Rant off now

Dave

Edit: I should clarify that my experience is only limited to the NSW health system in the rural/western half of NSW, so I cant really speak for the rest of the country :)
I think you just did ! :super:

Latest posts

Back