Beer Advent Calendar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
I had never seen an advent calendar before I met my wife, but since we've had kids every year she'll buy a couple. If you don't know what they are, they're a calendar with little pop-out sections marked 1-24 that hold little chocolates.

A local liquor store had beer advent calendars in stock, so I picked one up. Even though the salesman told me that if I open it before Dec 1, "puppies will die," I couldn't wait and opened a few panels.

Probably the coolest idea I've seen in some time.

sounds good, I wish they did them in Australia, oh well I will have to just buy a case of 24

How does this work? Is there a beer behind every window?

Is it a box of 25 beers where you open the flap and slide out the beer of the day?

This is pure genius - unless the 25th is VB - then it's pure evil.

I had never seen an advent calendar before I met my wife, but since we've had kids every year she'll buy a couple. If you don't know what they are, they're a calendar with little pop-out sections marked 1-24 that hold little chocolates.

The first paragraph does not say BEER advent calendar and does in fact refer to chocolates and indicated this event calander was not previously known prior to meeting SWMBO. Newguy is from Canada, I believe, and this is somewhere I have never been so do not know if event calendars were available there. BEER event calander is only mentioned in the second paragraph which I obviously did not read correctly. Therefore, my reply could actually be read correctly so still stands.

Nevertheless, a BEER advent calendar would be cool.

DSC04743small.jpg

This is the box.

DSC04744small.jpg

These are beers 1-5.

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me..... Beeeeeer!!! Sweet beer!!

bulk buy on beer advent calendars anyone?

beer advent calendar.......what a marvellous idea!

If I don't have one of these come December, there is going to be some serious questions getting asked and stuff getting broken damnit.

Just for comparison's sake...the retail price of the one I bought was $109 (and I'm in Canada). .....And the store where I got it this past Saturday was out of them Monday so they seem to be a popular item.

You know what you could do....Advent calendar case swap. It would be fun.

Beers 11 & 12:

DSC04746small.jpg

Beers 13 - 15:

DSC04747small.jpg

For those of you that have brewed Ross' schwarzbier, the one on the right was a dead ringer for it. [Thanks Ross!]

Beers 16 - 18:

DSC04749small.jpg

Beers 19 - 21:

DSC04750small.JPG

Beers 22 - 24:

DSC04752small.jpg

Latest posts

Back