Beef Curry And Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops 160 fan forced
gooday merc. mick from kooinda brewery in rosanna was just wondering if you would like to come and take a look at the brewery anytime would be fine. just let me know mate and i willorganize it. cheers.(blessed is the mother who gives birth to a mother)

gooday merc. mick from kooinda brewery in rosanna was just wondering if you would like to come and take a look at the brewery anytime would be fine. just let me know mate and i willorganize it. cheers.(blessed is the mother who gives birth to a mother)
opps (blessed is the mother who gives birth to a BREWER)

Justy to get it back on topic of beer and curry here is the one I do - you can use lamb or beef what ever takes you fancy:

Beef and Beer Curry

Peanut oil
1 spanish onion
fresh ginger 1-2 tsp chopped
fresh garlic 2-3 cloves minced
turmeric 1-2 tsp
cardamom seeds - 1 tsp
lemon grass 1 tsp
red curry paste 2tbsp
beef 4cm square diced of what ever cut you want 600g
plain yoghurt cup or so
beer 1 cup Coopers Vintage Ale or strong brewed ale i.e. Chimay, Duvel etc
finely sliced red chillie
fresh coriander chopped
potatoes - 3 cubed thick
snow peas and sugar snap peas (or whatever greens you want)

Cook sliced onion in peanut oil until lightly caramelized, add ginger and garlic and cook, then add spices and stir through and cook. Add red curry paste and cook till fragrant. Add beef and stir coating thoroughly, add yoghurt mix through and bring to simmer then add cup of beer bring back to simmer.

Put into slow oven covered casserole dish, about 160f for - of an hour. Add part cooked potatoes, chopped chillie and some coriander return to oven for another 20 min 30mins. Add part cooked greens cook a further 10 mins and serve.

Garnish with some fresh chopped coriander and some extra sliced chillie

Sound Great;)

Back