Bedroom Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for the feedback. All systems are go for brewing in the bedroom.

It'll be the standard 23L batch sizes. I'll try to remember to leave the window open. ;)

Already done that on my first batch. Lucky I have dark coloured carpets. Just soaked the excess with a tea towel and can't tell, ie there are no stains.

And what is wrong with that? At least I can keep it warm under the doona on a cold winters night ;)

You'll be right. I started off brewing 23L K&K in the wardrobe in my flat. Brilliant way to start. Did the bottling in there, too.

I'd be wary of the big sludgy krausen monster attacking me in my sleep...

Gloop... Gloop... ROAR!!! :ph34r:

A few metres of plastic hose in the airlock hole, cover the exposed end with a band-aid and run it out the window. That way you can still close the window most of the way if you need to, leaving 1/2 inch for the tube. No hallowed 'bloop bloop' sound but also no co2 issues in the room.

A few metres of plastic hose in the airlock hole, cover the exposed end with a band-aid and run it out the window. That way you can still close the window most of the way if you need to, leaving 1/2 inch for the tube. No hallowed 'bloop bloop' sound but also no co2 issues in the room.

+1

just about to suggest the same thing.
Some food grade hose from bunnings fits snuggly in the top of the air lock.

BF

just grow some plants next to the fermenter, they'll love the co2 :p

Just be carefull of all the brewing gear over the floor you don't want to be tripping over it when you bring home a chick from a night club!

Andrew

Be sure to position the tap of the fermenter so there is ZERO chance of you standing on it and snapping it off should you get up in the middle of the night..

Ive heard a higher CO2-level in the air upraises sexual arousal, dont need strangling your partner :ph34r:

i finished off a keg the other month and pulled it from the fridge...opened it up and stuck my head down to see what was left in the bottom ( it was quite a cloudy beer)

But yeah Co2 takes your breath away....will never do that again.

Ok I live in a small apartment with a few housemates. There isn't much room anywhere, and I feel a bit bad about taking up a whole bench of the kitchen, plus I don't want to leave the fermenter in the living room or any communal area.

Are there any dangers or bad things associated with brewing in the bedroom? Besides the room smelling a little beery and maybe bottle bombs going off in the middle of the night, is there anything wrong with it? For instance, will my room be filled with yeast and bacteria and mould get all over my clothes and sheets? Or is it relatively safe. Has or is anyone currently brewing in their bedroom? Any advice/opinions appreciated. :unsure:

What a great sound to fall asleep to,, better than counting sheep :)

Back