Beautiful Hallertau

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwickel

Keg Drainer
Reaction score
would like to share some impressionsl, Ive made yeasterday in the Hallertau, with you all:

middle in the Hallertau, where the Hallertauer hops comes from, hops is growing almost everywhere:

283.JPG

also the whole area is dedicated to beer:

287.JPG

Hallertau is an area of Bavaria. Bavaria is a land where a Stein (one liter of beer) and a prezel with Weisswurst (white sausage) is a popular breakfast.

With that kind of Bavarian breakfast youll going to start the day very delighted, even if the weather is very bad.

Cheers, Prost mates :icon_cheers:

A kettle in the middle of a round-a-bout, much nicer than a tree like we have here ! :icon_chickcheers:

Batz

:beerbang: I cant wait to visit

Franko

Ein Stueck vom Himmel...ich wette dass das Bier auch himmlisch ist...

I rode through Tettnang
on a motorcycle I rented out of Munich in September of 2001. The aroma was amazing.

Now that's a fine idea - I need to go to Bavaria one of these days and do a pilgrimage to my Mother's origin town in Franconia. The fact that it's one of the most brewery dense areas on the planet is no deterrent - and as Zwickel has showed us, Bavaria is beautiful... I think a motorbike road trip is definitely in order.

Thanks for the pictures Zwickel

TB

Drivers are going the wrong way round the roundabout. Probably typical bloody drivers from Bribie Island

:p

Only been through Bavaria once, on my way back from Greece to London many moons ago. Visited Steyr in Austria (mild pale lagers, sweetish finish) then worked my way over towards Munich. On crossing the border at some picturesque town straight off the cover of a chocolate box I headed to a pub and sank half litres of Helles and ate bratwurst. As I drank I wept.

Edit: oettinger_sign.JPG

ha! So that's where you were going. Actually I've been drinking Oettinger for a week or so recently when I ran out of beer due to moving house. Here it's $29 a case as opposed to $50 a case for crappy brewed under licence Heineken or Stella. Why wouldn't you. :icon_cheers:

Cams.com wasn't doing it for me anymore since AmberLips left. Fourstar has the details.

So Zwickel, are the beers of Hallertau so good? What breweries are in the area? only know of Schlossbrauerei

Cheers,

Screwy

So Zwickel, are the beers of Hallertau so good? What breweries are in the area? only know of Schlossbrauerei

Cheers,

Screwy

and also Zwickel what do you typically pay for hops over there.

Rook

The biggest brewery in the Hallertau is Oettinger. Oettinger has expanded all over the land. Around the little town Oettingen are many single parts of the brewery Oettinger. There is a very large north-brewery, a south-brewery, a west-brewery

290.JPG

Additional there are many uncountable small local breweries, they only sell theire beer in the local area.

Some of the beers are tasting very delicious, some not so, depends very much on your personal preferences.

and also Zwickel what do you typically pay for hops over there.

The price for one kilo of hops varies from 20A$ up to 50A$, depending on the alpha acid content.

Cheers mates :icon_cheers:

The biggest brewery in the Hallertau is Oettinger. Oettinger has expanded all over the land. Around the little town Oettingen are many single parts of the brewery Oettinger. There is a very large north-brewery, a south-brewery, a west-brewery

View attachment 38618

Additional there are many uncountable small local breweries, they only sell theire beer in the local area.

Some of the beers are tasting very delicious, some not so, depends very much on your personal preferences.

The price for one kilo of hops varies from 20A$ up to 50A$, depending on the alpha acid content.

BribieG sobs uncontrollably :(

That's similar to here if you buy them per kg. If only we could get the NZ varieties in bulk...

yeah....a piece of heaven. Beer belongs to the basic nutrition there. People who do not drink beer are aliens in Bavaria.

Now that's a fine idea - I need to go to Bavaria one of these days and do a pilgrimage to my Mother's origin town in Franconia. The fact that it's one of the most brewery dense areas on the planet is no deterrent - and as Zwickel has showed us, Bavaria is beautiful... I think a motorbike road trip is definitely in order.

TB, Im also a passionate biker, but riding a motobike and drinking beer doesnt really match together!

Last weekend it was very warm and sunny in Bavaria, there have been thousends of motobikes on the streets, almost every Biergarten was flooded by bikers. I dont want to know how many of them endet up in the emergency ambulance.

Nevertheless, this is my wife and our two babies:

3.JPG

edit: spelling

View attachment 38618

Then yes, it is heaven....................... one day!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah....a piece of heaven. Beer belongs to the basic nutrition there. People who do not drink beer are aliens in Bavaria.

TB, Im also a passionate biker, but riding a motobike and drinking beer doesnt really match together!

Last weekend it was very warm and sunny in Bavaria, there have been thousends of motobikes on the streets, almost every Biergarten was flooded by bikers. I dont want to know how many of them endet up in the emergency ambulance.

Nevertheless, this is my wife and our two babies:

View attachment 38629

edit: spelling

Didn't know you and Ged were Bikers :lol: A Yamie in BMW Land :eek:

Good stuff! and thanks for the pics.

Screwy

Latest posts

Back