Bayside Brewers Oktoberfest 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I bring it to the club night this week?

@Grainer
Check your emails. There you'll find your answer.

NealK said:
You weren't joking about 12pm!
I got to G&G at 12.25 and you had already collected the entries from there.
Are there any other ways to get a couple of entries to you? I am hoping to be there on the day but I am waiting to hear if the club (Westgate Brewers) have a bus organised.
BUMP

Peoples Choice=
1st Bayside Brewers - German Pilsner, Bryce
2nd Bayside Brewers - Munich Dunkel, Bradon
3rd Bayside Brewers - Oktoberfest Marzen, Jethro

congratulations to all the place getters, and thanks to everyone who entered

German Ales:
1st - Bryce Van Denderen
2nd Bryce Van Denderen
3rd Darren Piasente

Pale Lagers:
1st - Mikko Pludra
2nd - Craig Tabb
3rd - Adam Galle

Dark Lagers:
1st - Neal Kavanagh
2nd - Troy Poulier
3rd - Darren Piasente

Bocks:
1st - Matt Hevern
2nd - Matt Hevern
3rd - Mikko Pludra

Champion Brewer: Bryce Van Denderen - 1 first (133 points) 1 second (123 points)
runner up - Matt Hevern - 1 first (130 points) 1 second (116 points)

Champion Beer - Mikko Pludra -pilsner (135 points)

Best Novice - Troy Poulier

please note that the people's choice results above are only for the beers served on Sunday.

I will upload the full results soon.

Congrats to all the place-getters. Bryce is the Yoda of craft beer!

Thanks very much to the Committee for all their hard work to make the event run so well. Much respect to everyone at Hickinbothams especially Cameron who works his butt off to make this happen every year. I also noticed Frank and Peter slaving away over two days without complaint.

Great fun and really excellent beer.

Woohoo, I am over the moon with a 1st in dark lagers. :D
Wish I had been there today but I don't think my liver could have coped after such a big day yesterday.
A massive thank you to everyone involved, it was great to meet you guys yesterday.

Congrats to the winners.

I was very excited to get best novice and 2nd in dark lagers with my smoked rauchbier. First time Ive won anything in a brew competition.

It was a great day and the missus and I had a good time there.

Truman said:
Congrats to the winners.

I was very excited to get best novice and 2nd in dark lagers with my smoked rauchbier. First time Ive won anything in a brew competition.

It was a great day and the missus and I had a good time there.
Thank you to me then too :beerbang: .. I judged it.. it was a nice beer..congratulations

Thanks to all the Judges/Stewards/Organisers etc. for putting the comp on, after doing Vicbrew for the last couple of years I appreciate the effort that goes into running these things! :icon_cheers:

Congrats also to all the winners and runners up.......and on that note I'll very happily take my 3rd place in Pale Lagers and bid you all good day! :D

Well that was a rather pleasant surprise with two third placings. Just checked the post to see how far off the comp was and didn't notice that the original post had the date as last years comp on the 19th. Certainly got me thinking something wasn't right when I saw my name there in the results.

So a big thanks to everyone involved and will try and get down next year. Sounds like it's a great weekend.

Latest posts

Back