Bayside Brewers Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itguy1953

Reaction score
Bayside Brewers (Mornington Peninsula - Melbourne) are hosting a club brew day on January 15, 2011, and we have a few free spots if anyone is interested.

We can brew up to 300 litres of wort on the day, in our monster mash system (220 litres+) and 2 x 40 litre automated 3V HERMs systems (controlled by PLC's and PID's).

We plan to brew Hefeweizen and Dunkleweizen, and the brews should be ready for entry into Beerfest if you want to show off your beer. All grains will be German, and we will supply liquid yeast. We have not yet finalised pricing, but it is estimated at under $30 for 20 litres (including sanitiser, hops, yeast and all grain wort).

If anyone is interested to see how our club operates and learn how we make beer, then come along and participate. We will supply a morning tea, bbq lunch and afternoon tea at $10 per head.

Observers are welcome at no charge (unless you want a feed).

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers
Barry

Hi Guys

Looks like the cost of 20litres will be closer to $25. We still have 6 spots left.

Bayside Brewers (Mornington Peninsula - Melbourne) are hosting a club brew day on January 15, 2011, and we have a few free spots if anyone is interested.

We can brew up to 300 litres of wort on the day, in our monster mash system (220 litres+) and 2 x 40 litre automated 3V HERMs systems (controlled by PLC's and PID's).

We plan to brew Hefeweizen and Dunkleweizen, and the brews should be ready for entry into Beerfest if you want to show off your beer. All grains will be German, and we will supply liquid yeast. We have not yet finalised pricing, but it is estimated at under $30 for 20 litres (including sanitiser, hops, yeast and all grain wort).

If anyone is interested to see how our club operates and learn how we make beer, then come along and participate. We will supply a morning tea, bbq lunch and afternoon tea at $10 per head.

Observers are welcome at no charge (unless you want a feed).

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Cheers
Barry

All spots tentatively filled.

We are now taking nominations for a waiting list.

All comers will need to pay before the day. It will be $25 for 20litres of wort including a liquid yeast.

We will be offering morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea at the rate of $10 per person. This is optional.

Planned dough in is 10am, venue details being finalised.

Cheers

If anyone is interested in attending the Bayside Brewers club brew day on January 15, then please email me at [email protected].

All of the wort is allocated out, but you are quite welcome to come and look at how we make beer.

We are making Hefeweizen and Dunkleweizen. We will use our 230 litre Monster mash system for the Hefeweizen using a single infusion mash.

The Dunkleweizen will be made on 2 HERMS systems.

It should be a good day starting at 10am, but you can come long at any time.

Cheers
Barry

The Bayside Brewers Wheat Beer brew day was a great success last Saturday.

We made 235 litres of Hefeweizen and 80 litres of Dunkleweizen. No hiccups on the day, and all went smoothly.

We used a temperature step mash for the Hefe and a double decoction/herms for the Dunkleweizen.

The next meeting of the Bayside Brewers is on Feb 2, 2011, in Safety Beach. If anyone wants to attend, please email me at itguy1953@gmail, and I will give you more details. The night is an internal club comp for Munich Helles.

Barry

Bayside Brewers,
I'm interested in seeing how the club thing works.
Have had a look at your website and inquired.
Any dates/events coming up where i observe the action?

Bayside Brewers,
I'm interested in seeing how the club thing works.
Have had a look at your website and inquired.
Any dates/events coming up where i observe the action?
Our next meeting is down in Hastings, Wed 4th of April.

I won't be there (Fiji, w00t!) but if you're interested, I can give you more details.

Other than that, our next big brew day is going to be down in Foster, weekend of the 29th April.

PM me if you want more details of either.

Our next meeting is down in Hastings, Wed 4th of April.

I won't be there (Fiji, w00t!) but if you're interested, I can give you more details.

Other than that, our next big brew day is going to be down in Foster, weekend of the 29th April.

PM me if you want more details of either.
Mate I'm finally going to make it this time, well fingers crossed anyway, and you won't be there. :)

Just want to thank the Bayside crew for a lovely evening.
Got along to my first club meet tonight.
Was greeted with fantastic hospitality, generosity, and some fantastic discussion...not to mention a few great beers to boot.
For the first in a long time i got to talk about beer without the recipient glazing over in the first 5 seconds! Looking forward to getting involved...
To anyone else who has been thinking of getting involved... you really should do it.

Was greeted with fantastic hospitality, generosity, and some fantastic discussion...not to mention a few great beers to boot.
For the first in a long time i got to talk about beer without the recipient glazing over in the first 5 seconds! Looking forward to getting involved...
To anyone else who has been thinking of getting involved... you really should do it.

+1...Same as what Muscovy said...But you forgot to mention the very nice cheeses and food that was served. (You didnt have to drive, I did so had to stop drinking at some point. :D

Learnt a lot about brewing from some very knowledgable people.

Last night was the first meeting I've missed in twelve months. Bugger. Coming to the next one?

Last night was the first meeting I've missed in twelve months. Bugger. Coming to the next one?

Yep, im going to tag along where i can for sure. Really enjoyed the discussion and seeing the new look website. The Hefe on tap was a rippa as well!

Bummer I missed you. Something about 6 year anniversary...bed posts...yada yada?

These meetings and Brew Days sound fantastic. I'd be very keen to attend one. Hopefully by then I'll have something I'm proud of to share.

Back