Bathurst (nsw) 2009 Results

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagerman

Reaction score
Attached are the winners for our homebrew comp. for 2009.
As our first go at the BJCP it went off well and it was great to see a few new entrants this year.
Our Presentation Night was attended by 90 people and was MC'd for the first time by the B-Rock announcers who are our main sponsors.
Unfortunately a few people who persisted in talking during the presentation did make it difficult for the awards to be announced to all that were interested.
I want to thank those who helped out in so many ways. I hope you all had a great weekend in Bathurst.
Those listed below were part of our sponsorship package and a big thank you goes to them as well.

B-Rock 99.3FM
Bathurst Trophies & Gifts
The Country Brewer
Brewcraft
Reliance Credit Union (In Bathurst)
Subway (for the lunches)
The Kelso Hotel/Motel (for the venue)
The Mudgee Brewery
Keith and Scotty (for their kegs of beer)

Cheers
Brian (The Bigfella)

View attachment 2009_Results.pdf

Sweet, my first comp and picked up first place for my northern brown ale.

Life is good

Cheers all

Awesome. A first and a third.

Big thanks Brian, Sponsors, Judges and all the other admins that made this comp possible. :icon_chickcheers: I hope it was enough fun for you all to want to do it again next year.

cheers
Andrew.

Thanks for the opportunity guys and girls.

Thanks to Vitalstatistix for bing the awesome deluxe beer chauffeur.

Stoked! Picked up a 2nd place.

Thanks to all involved in organisation and judging. A big cheers for Vitalstatistix for delivering the beer.

Cant wait for the score sheets.

cool 2nd in apa thanks to everyone involved wish i could have gone but had to work :angry:

Well done Matho!

Pretty happy. 2 HC's out of 3 beers entered! Looking forward to judging notes.
Well done to all involved.

I'm stoked with getting a Highly Commended in my first comp (and it only missed out on a placing by a couple of points). Woohoo!

Congrats to the judges, organisers, sponsors, winners, place getters, everyone on AHB for countless advice, my mum, my dad, my wife (wait, not her), my boys...

Well done Matho!

Pretty happy. 2 HC's out of 3 beers entered! Looking forward to judging notes.
Well done to all involved.

right back at you mate
on holidays this week but next week ill bring you and luigi each a bottle

edit: btw is 145 the most users ever online we might have set a record

right back at you mate
on holidays this week but next week ill bring you and luigi each a bottle
...and a Dubbel right back at ya. :icon_chickcheers:

excellent!! sorry had to reply just to get my 100th post :lol:

Nice, I scored a 1st, 2nd, & 2x HC's. Gotta be happy with that :)
Thanks to all the volunteers involved in organising & judging. & congrats to the winners & place getters :icon_cheers: - especially Barry Cranston - 20 places/HC's!!!... am I counting right? :blink: Nice effort :)

Cheers,

Dan.

Woot, i got a HC for my pilsner (all be it a distant 5th). Since than ive got a chiller and polyclar. Whens the next comp on?

Thanks for all the effort everyone put in, in organizing the event.

Thanks for posting the results. Great Competition and well done for those guys who received the top awards..Any chance of letting us lesser mortals know where we are in the pecking order?

Cheers
Geoff :rolleyes:

Another quick note to tell you all that the Judges Sheets, Certificates and Prizes are all packed and will be mailed out on Wednesday.

Don't forget that anyone on the Results Sheet with a "Q" have qualified to enter the National Comp. in Canberra in October.

When you get your package it will have some info in there about how to enter your beer in the Nationals.

Cheers

Brian (The Bigfella)

Big thanks to all involved for holding the comp! I too am looking forward to getting the score sheets back.

Good luck and well done to everyone who qualified for the nationals!

Well done to all, especially those qualifying for the Nationals. Great to see the Craft Brewing scene is definitely alive and well in Bathurst, and the Bathurst Brewers should commend themselves on a very good weekend.

Just a small note, Brian, I'm pretty confident Danny Hannan's first placed RIS was not a kit beer... not unless he was telling a few of us porkies at the presentation night anyway... ;)

Very happy with three 3rds for Munich Helles, APA and Weizen. All heading to the nationals.
Can't wait to get home and read the judging sheets.

Thanks to all involved. Wish I could have been there.

Thanks to everyone involved in putting this comp together.

Very much appreciated.

Kabooby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back