Bars In Darwin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_m

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have a fishing trip planned for a mate's 40th on the Cobourg peninsula (Arnhem land), will end up with a couple of nights in Darwin en route, any sugestions?
Cheers
Mark

Hmmm, I'll be up there for 2.5 weeks from this Wednesday, might have to do some bar hopping myself I think...

The Buzz Cafe is a great place to go, the food and service was great last time I was at home. There is a new restaurant in the Admiralty House building called Char, my mate works beind the bar, says it is good. I haven't been there sorry.

Shennanigans is a good place, very mixed crowd, reasonable meals, good Guiness, live music. Steer clear of the Vic Hotel in the mall, pretty shocking.

Biggest selection of beers in town can be found at the Tap Bar on Mitchell Street. Actually everything is on Mitchell Street. Out doo bar, get to watch everyone going by. Good place to prop and watch.

Across the road fom there and upstairs in Thailicious which is (in my opinion) the best place in town for Thai food. Try the Choo Chee Prawns.

If you want to know anything else PM me or just reply on here.

Cheers,

Reece

I spent a few hazy weeks at Mandorah - just a short ferry ride from Cullen Bay in Darwin. All I did was fish, fish, chase the few backpackers who worked there and get crabs - muddies from the mangroves. No flash beers to speak of, just cold ones. And there is a bloody great big wharf to fish off at nighttime. Excellent. Queenfish, Barra everywhere. I needed to stand behind a tree to put my baits on - and some of them were plastics!

I stayed in the dongas for about $14 a day - my own room! Great!

InCider
pub2.jpg

jetty.jpg

"Buzz's Cafe" at the marina at Cullen Bay.

Not a bad atmosphere. No great beers to mention - but interesting use of one way glass in the mens toilet!

Wally

Yes, that's the one I was trying to think of last night. Nice place for a beer.

Also, you can take your own along to the Mindle Beach markets if they are on while you are there, Thursday nights. Some great international food stalls.

Cheers.

Not a bad atmosphere. No great beers to mention - but interesting use of one way glass in the mens toilet!

Wally

What an experience having an empty in that toilet. It just took a bit of getting used to. Fantastic set-up.

Shennanigans was good, as was Kitty O'Shea's, Rorkes Drift, The Ducks Nuts, all of them in fact.

I am going again for a week, in about six weeks, to watch the Western Bulldogs play. Can't wait.

If you haven't been, you must go.

Cheers
Rhino

All I did was fish, fish, chase the few backpackers who worked there and get crabs -

Looks like you should have just stuck to the fishing :lol:

cheers Ross

Thanks guys, I think this should keep us busy.
Hope we remember to go fishing.
Mark

Wally
We ate at a place up the walkway, but I used the facilities in this place on recommendation. Very weird, but entertaining.

What an experience having an empty in that toilet. It just took a bit of getting used to. Fantastic set-up.

Shennanigans was good, as was Kitty O'Shea's, Rorkes Drift, The Ducks Nuts, all of them in fact.

I am going again for a week, in about six weeks, to watch the Western Bulldogs play. Can't wait.

If you haven't been, you must go.

Cheers
Rhino
I'll be there from the 9th to the 19th. Customs Basketball Carnival. Staying on a few days after to either have a short trip to Kakadu or to watch the footy.

I'll be watching game 2 of the State of Origin at the Beer Garden. Big screen tv setup. Pretty good atmosphere. Last time I was there in '04 Billy Slater scored one of the more freakish tries in a Qld win. Actually, my av is from that night.

Back