Bars around Docklands

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistolpete01

Reaction score
Melburnians,

I am heading over to your fine city with my brother on Monday for a week long lads trip. We will be staying in Docklands and aside from the AFL Grand Final, we have no other plans for our time.

Could anyone point us in the right direction for bars with plentiful delicious beers within stumbling distance of Docklands?

Also any micro breweries within an hours drive of the CBD for a day trip? I'm sure there will be an arvo at The Goat Bar but I cant find any other places for a decent arvo/dinner session.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Beers,
Pete

Sorry, had a long list with links and lost the whole thing. Here are my recommendations, all of which will be easy to look up:

Hour's Drive:
Holgate Brewhouse in Woodend. Great little drive, great beers, pub and town.
http://www.holgatebrewhouse.com/

Other brewries closer in:
Moondog Brewing, Abbotsford
Mountain Goat of course in Richmond
Kooinda Brewing
Mornington Brewery in Mornington (bit of a drive - if you can only do one drive do Holgate)
Temple Brewing
The Public Brewery

Bars:
The Alehouse Project
Beer Deluxe - In Federation Square very close to Docklands
The Local Taproom in St.Kilda
The Terminus in Clifton Hill
Two Row in Fitzroy

Many more I'm sure others will tell you of.

Munich Brauhaus in Docklands. Tell me how it is as it only opened a few weeks back.

Deja Vu bar - 525 Little Lonsdale St. Only a short walk from Southern Cross Station.

If you find yourself at Southbank, there's Hophaus with a decent range of German/Belgian beers. Can be full of suits during the week, not sure on a weekend.

Edit: At $9 for a half-litre of Bitburger Pils, Hophaus is some of the best value-for-money beer you'll find in the CBD.

Yeah, catch a tram out of Docklands to Swanston St and from there it's a short walk south to Flinders St for a coupla blocks, and you'll have on your right-hand side Young and Jackson's, and diagonally, on your left-hand side, Beer Deluxe (it's part of the Federation Square complex - just walk east for a little bit along Flinders Street until you come to the entrance).

+1 for Young & Jacksons, and it's mandatory to have a beer with Chloe. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411177724.342821.jpg

Black n Tan said:
Munich Brauhaus in Docklands. Tell me how it is as it only opened a few weeks back.
Awesome place, awesome food and awesome beers of course. Can't recommend highly enough.

Thanks for the suggestions lads! working my way through the list, currently having a naked ale with Chloe. Delicious!!!

Latest posts

Back