• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Bar top

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregos

Reaction score
I'm looking for a timber slab for a bar top, red or darker wood preferred,- 400-450mm wide x 2.5 long, I'm on the Nth side of Brisbane.

Used to be a couple of old bushies had fair sized slabs at the markets at Kurwongbah and I think same pair at Dayboro markets on whatever Sundays they have them.

If you strike out, can try to put you in touch with a bloke up here who usually has some slabs - I used 1 x 3mtr spotted gum and a 3 & 5 mtr x 60cm bluegum in mine. Been in a paddock for donkeys years and i had to hire a floor belt and orbital sanders to finish them off.

Martin

I picked up one from Vic point it is iron bark. It was rought sawn but a neat job paid 220 for it and it was 3m x 500to600mm 50mm thick. There is a bloke also in burpengary everytime I was going to do there he wasn't home he was 120 a a meter. The other bloke I went to half finished it but it needs final sands. Welcome to check my build out I in Stafford. Going to be working on it all day Saturday.
Cheers Jameson

Another place I noticed some really old ones was the salvage place kremzoe road brendale. Nit sure on there quality but I did get some great timber cheap for dressing the sides.
Cheers Jameson

Bluegum comes up really nice. It's not red though....

diningtable1.jpg

Hey thanks HBHB and Jameson for your feedback, I'll go check out the markets, Jameson do you have a contact for the guy in Burpengary?

Regards

Gregos

Phone: 0407055520 brazzier timbers. This was a guy I found at caboolture markets and also the burpengary guy.

Narangba timbers also used to do slabs, worth a phone call.

There's a bloke at fishermans road markets at Maroochydore that has some nice big slabs. Might be a bit out of your way though. If I remember correctly, they were a bit cheaper than the one you picked up, weren't they Jameson?!?

Yea Dan way cheaper about half the price now you reminded me. I did block this from my memory.
Those 90 min ipa I have been saving have a use by date when ya coming to briss.

Try this guy.
He and his old man are always cutting slabs. he is at lota near wynnum
Andrew and Steve

3396 0017

Latest posts

Back