Bar Fridge For Lagering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeauVinnie

Reaction score
Gday,

I am looking for a second hand bar fridge and was just wiondering if anyone new the rough size i should be looking out for eg, 120L bar firdge, 127L ect, I know it also depends on the internal cavity with that little step on the bottom that some have where the vege drawe sits up against. Anyway its has to fit a coopers fermenter in it, so with airlock in its about 600 H X 420 diam (including tap). So far most have been too small.

cheers

depends where you are try a fridge repair place..thats if you dont want a fridge that dont work..or try ebay/gumtree..you need 173litre fridge with the ice box removed..

Ditch the lid and airlock, and just use the rubber O-ring from the lid to hold on some cling wrap. It works like a charm, reduces the infection risk, gives a great viewing window, and reduces the space needed. You don't need an airlock at all then, or even a hole in the cling wrap. While it's fermenting, the CO2 escapes through the threads, and when it's finished, you'll be bottling anyway, but it seals well enough to keep the layer of CO2 on top of your brew.

As for the fridge size, I'll leave that to someone else, but this just might get you over the line.

Forget the second upright fridge - buy yourself a chest freezer that can fit at least 6 Corney kegs - and use it both as a lagering and serving fridge.

Back