Ball locks don’t seem to be connecting properly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timp81

Reaction score
Hi all new to this kegging and home brew have done my first brew in the keg and when I connect the ball lock fittings on to corny keg they clip on firmly , when I went carbonate the keg it didn’t seem to do anything till I pushed down on the fitting and I could hear the gas going in and stopped when I released and also whet I went to pull a beer it came out as a dribble then I pushed on fitting and it came out good

Do you have the right disconnects on the right posts?

Gas (grey) on the post with a slot in it

Black (liquid) on no slot post.

Yeah that was one of the first things I checked , they lock on and I can’t just pull them off it just feels as if the the stem inside the connector isn’t long enough

i experience the same problem with a new liquid ball lock, i have 2 liquid 17 year old black disconnects and both done the same but there was no problem with the new gas ball lock and 2 grey old disconnects

even sent a short vid to the company and they sent me another one and same thing happen it still wouldn t work
so next i buy a new gmb liquid disconnect and that works

i experience the same problem with a new liquid ball lock, i have 2 liquid 17 year old black disconnects and both done the same but there was no problem with the new gas ball lock and 2 grey old disconnects

even sent a short vid to the company and they sent me another one and same thing happen it still wouldn t work
so next i buy a new gmb liquid disconnect and that works
yeah went to my local brew shop and bought new connects and it now works perfectly was just dodgy ones supplied with the kit I bought a

i have 8 new kegs and pressure fermenters, some of the posts just do not fit. I measured them with my digital verniers and there is definitely a size difference and hence a manufacturing fault, so check the size of them against good ones and see if you are having the same problem. It may have been a bad run of machining.

Latest posts

Back