Ball-lock Keg Post fitting size

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninegrain

Reaction score
Hi, I tried a search on here and the web and didn't find an answer so here goes:

A search found that the required tool to remove the ball lock posts is likely either a 7/8" or 11/16' wrench/socket according to US sites. So I purchased a set that included both those sizes only to find that they were both too small by around a couple of mm (screw inch fractions ffs), same with their metric equivalents. Event he biggest ones in the set, 3/4" and 19mm, were too small. I will go back to the green shed shortly to get a refund and find another set with bigger sizes in it but thought I would ask first what exact size it may be? Has anyone got corny ball locks that are bigger than these 'common' sizes? If it helps, one of my two kegs is a schweppes one, the other is just stamped with 'The Cornelius Company'

Cheers

Hey mate, i dont have the keg in front of me, but I can check when I get home. Im pretty sure a couple of mine have 21mm posts on them.

Will check when I get home after work if no one has answered u by then.

Corny keg posts come in two sizes & my metric sockets just aren't deep enough to reach but (although a smidgen sloppy) 7/8" AF & 11/16" AF ring spanners will do the job just fine.
Hope this helps?

Thanks guys,

TidalPete, I thought that too so I went and bought them but they are too small in my case :(

21mm sounds like it will be close if not it, cheers Shaunous :) I will make sure the replacements include that size.

Mine are firestone kegs and the size is 22mm.
Got another that 18 mm fits,bit loose tho. 11/16 is just right.
They vary a lot.See if you can measure across the flats.

Never realised there is so much variation in keg post sizes.
I have had 12 corny's at the one time purchased from all over & have only ever needed the two ringies mentioned in Post 3. :eek:

PS --- G'day wombil you old fart! :p :icon_chickcheers:

Back