Ball lock Adaptor for firkin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 79316

Reaction score
Hi Guys. A mate has given me this keg which I think is a firkin (41l). Does anyone know of an adaptor to fit a ball lock kit to this keg? The thread is about 60mm diameter and there are 4 small holes drilled through the top on the edge of the thread and the flange, which I presume is designed as a pressure safety relief through a seal.

If I can't find a kit then I think I'll turn it into an ice bucket for one of my 19l kegs to take to parties, is just the right size for that.

Thanks is anticipation, hive mind.

Hi Guys. A mate has given me this keg which I think is a firkin (41l). Does anyone know of an adaptor to fit a ball lock kit to this keg? The thread is about 60mm diameter and there are 4 small holes drilled through the top on the edge of the thread and the flange, which I presume is designed as a pressure safety relief through a seal.

If I can't find a kit then I think I'll turn it into an ice bucket for one of my 19l kegs to take to parties, is just the right size for that.

Thanks is anticipation, hive mind.
Post a pic of it.

D'oh!

Attachments

• firkin.jpg
    firkin.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 17
Back