Bacchus in Melb & Sydney...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Beer Lovers...

Just a quick heads up that'll be down in Melbourne/Sydney this coming week with some of our Bacchus Brewing Co. beers.

Hosting The The Local Taphouse Alestars with 10 of our beers on Tuesday 18th Feb in Melb & on Wednesday 19th Feb in Sydney.
Also hosting a cheese & beer night with cheese guy Simon Johnson at the Quarrymanns Hotel (Syd) on Thurs 20th Feb. We will have some of our most flavoursome/interesting beers at this event.

Hope some of you will make the effort to come along and support these events. If you have any questions about homebrewing, recipes, or going commercial, while enjoying some pretty unique beers, you shouldn't miss out...

cheers

Ross
Bacchus Brewing Co/ CraftBrewer

Here you go Yob...

Beers for Taphouse

Obama Black IPA (6.5%) – Crammed full of citrusy American hops, this beautifully balanced Black IPA is an explosion of tropical stone fruit flavours with layers of sweet ginger, caramel & coffee. Australia's 1st commercially brewed Black IPA.
Bacchus London IPA (6.5%) – Classic English IPA, crammed full of goldings & fuggles hops.
Cunning Ninja’s Imp IPA (12%) - Dangerously sessional Imperial Black IPA. Intense aroma of piney citrus mixed with ginger nut & marmalade leads into similar flavours combined with a peppery spiciness. The finish is long & bitter. Won 1st place at the AIBA 2013 for Best Draught Imperial American IPA.
Red Bellied Black - Imperial Red Ale (11.0%). Raise your glass to the light & this beer shows off it’s beautiful red underbelly. Intense tropical piny aromas lead into fruity tropical flavours with hints of honeydew melon & ginger. Dangerously sessional, due to a unique subtle tartness derived from our secret spice ingredient.
Lamington Dark ale (4.3%) – Flavours of light chocolate sponge & toasted coconut. Lamington cake in a glass, what more can we say...
Bacchus White Chocolate & Raspberry Pilsner. (4.8%) – Spicy Czech Pilsner with flavour/aroma of Raspberries & white chocolate. Fruit & chocolate in the mouth with a lovely tart raspberry finish. A truly amazing taste sensation. Champion Beer GABS 2013
Bacchus Double Chocolate Stout. (6.3%) – Our AIBA silver medal Oatmeal Stout infused twice (in the boil & again in the cask) with the finest cacao & chocolate.
Persian Saison (7.6%) – This classic saison is spiced with rose water syrup which gives it a beautiful perfume that compliments the spicy earthiness of the saison perfectly.
Elderflower Summer Ale (4.6%) – A light refreshing English Ale made with Elderflowers. The elderflowers give it a lovely floral aroma & unique taste.
Atomic Strawberry (2.7%) Approx 15kg of strawberries in this German Berliner Weisse. Tart & sour but so drinkable.

Beers for Quarrymans Hotel

Bacchus Double Chocolate Stout. (6.0%) – Our AIBA silver medal Oatmeal Stout infused twice (in the boil & again in the keg) with the finest cacao & chocolate.
[SIZE=11pt]Holy Moly (11.6%) – Created to taste like a boozy Christmas pudding. Crammed full of dried fruit, infused with brandy & aged in Rum barrels, this beer is a taste sensation.[/SIZE]
Hibiscus Saison (10.0%) – Blood red in colour. Champagne like, rich berry aromas, combine with intense flavours of cranberry, black currant & cherry, giving way to a mango nectar. Silky in texture but finishes dry & refreshingly tart.
Ryes of the Phoenix (7.1%) – Amazingly complex beer, made with 3 different rye malts, 3 different smoked malts, 100% Phoenix hops, spicy saison yeast & spiced with smoked peppers & chillies.
Atomic Cherry (2.7%) – This low alcohol German style Berliner Weisse has been made with 20% sour cherries, creating an intense flavour experience.

Cheers Ross

Bloody hell Ross sounds great, wish the City wasn't so far away!

Love to try the Cunning Ninja and finally meet you. :)

Not bothered starting a new topic.

**** me! Went to Quarrymans Hotel in Pyrmont/Ultimo (Sydney) last night. Christ on a bike beer is getting dear.
Now, this is a great pub with a good beer selection, but bugger me sideways, the cheapest pint was $11.

Bacchus IPA was $17 a pint!!! Thats not a hangover typo - $17

I'll never try it at that price. Does Ross know what theyre asking??

Stockage IPA was good. A load of Crystal in there, but worked well in an IPA. They should be congratulated. Good balance. Enough hops without being stupid. I'd go back for that one and even more impressed that they are normally a BUL brewery and just 'having fun' with Stockade.

Bacchus beers are expensive because they're probably the only Australian brewery who do not put cost restrictions on what they make. Most of the craft beers we see are made on the SMASH concept to keep costs down.

Ciderman said:
Bacchus beers are expensive because they're probably the only Australian brewery who do not put cost restrictions on what they make. Most of the craft beers we see are made on the SMASH concept to keep costs down.
????

Odd comment. I doubt most craft beers are SMASH. And i doubt brewers are making smash beers to keep costs down.
Tax, equipment, labour, kegs and bottles, and distribution likely factor higher on the costs of making a beer than malt and hops.

Ciderman said:
You must be kidding?

Besides, reading the menu, many of the beers mentioned multiple hops in the description, including dry hopping. Hargreaves Hill for example dry hops their ESB. I remember thinking that was interesting.

Dry hopping is a big $ investment, yet their beers were still at the $12 mark / pint.

Ciderman said:
Basis for this comment? I would say that the inverse was actually true experience (both as a punter and a craft brewer).

Back