B3 News And Branding

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - Nice work..

Ref: post at 3.15

I like the Mercs Own writing on the second label but prefer teh pic of the wings with the plant coming up the middle.

With respect to the first pic showing 3 designs..
Label 1 with the wings/plant logo from the second.

Hope this helps...

Mercs Own said:
they are approx 50 litre flat bottom vessels. I have a diverter plate fitted and a false bottom. I will be using a counter flow chiller and pellet hops.

Hi Paul

Based upon my experience you will probably have some trouble using a false bottom with pellet hops. I use 50 litre vessles (domed bottome not flat though) and a B3 false bottom. The pick up tube is 1/2" copper to the middle of the false bottom with the inlet sitting just off the bottom of the kettle. When using plugs it works a treat. It drains almost completely and you only get a small amount of hop debris in the fermenter. However with pellets, it just clogs up completely and you barely get 1 litre of wort before the flow stops. I reckon the main reason is that with a false bottom the pick up tube sits in the middle of the vessle, and when you whirlpool this is where the debris settles. Pellet debris is quite fine and gets sucked up easily and soon clogs the pick up tube. With plugs I just don't have the same problems.

If using pellets, it's best to have the pick up tube offset to the side, in your case you could have it behind the diverter plate. When you whirlpool the pellets settle out in the centre and you will have trouble free draining. Chiller uses approximately 50litre flat bottom vessles and almost exclusively pellets. I've seen his kettle drain perfectly using a simple pick up off set to the side. His system leaves a nice big pile of hops in the middle with barely a drop of wort left behind.

So either ditch the false bottom or stick with plugs (like most yanks do and probably the reason the system comes with a false bottom).

Cheers
MAH

Hello Paul,

The Mercs Own insigina definately stands out on the first picure, but the colour scheme on the third label caught my eye straight away.

Will your beers be available in Tassie at some stage?

Mah, the outlet from the kettle sits directly behind the diverter plate and is in the sidewall of the vessel ie There is no tube or hose.

Andrew my appologies, I meant on my current label that is out in the shops not these samples.

I would like to think the beer will be available right across the eastern seaboard.

Thanks for the feedback every one!

Were a bit slow up her Paul and I have yet to see your beer on the shelves, but when I do I will be giving it a taste, looking forward to it.
Andrew

Paul

my preference is for label 1. I like it for it's simplicity and think it stands out better.
I also think that the other 2 look a bit like wine-cooler bottles.
Label 2 has nice colours but personally I like simple uncluttered labels.

Good luck brewing with the B3 sculpture - looking foward to some photos.

Hoops

Mercs Own said:
Mah, the outlet from the kettle sits directly behind the diverter plate and is in the sidewall of the vessel ie There is no tube or hose.

OK, I think I've got a mental picture of how it would look. When you said false bottom I thought you meant one of the domed type that B3 sell with a hole in the centre for a pick up tube. By the sounds of it the false bottom is a flat sheet that sits above the kettle outlet. I don't think there is anyone on this forum who uses this type of kettle set up. It should work great with plugs, but not sure with pellets. I think the false bottom wouldn't be neccesary with pellets, just whirlpool and the diverter plate will do the rest.

Cheers
MAH

Paul,

I like Label 1 for the exact same reasons as Hoops (always thought he was a very smart guy ;) ) so I won't repeat them.

I must say though, that all three look supurb, and are of very high quality.

Whoever designed them has done a great job.

Latest posts

Back