Australia's burning again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Aborigines have been doing it since the dawn of time,burn and the vegetation grows back ,the followng year it attracts more food for them.

spog said:
The Aborigines have been doing it since the dawn of time,burn and the vegetation grows back ,the followng year it attracts more food for them.
Yep and they didnt destroy their food source or the country in general over centuries....I often wonder how all of a sudden( that is over 200 years and the introduction of some government policies and eventually bending to some tree huggers theory on how to save us from bush fires and save our environment) then we cant used controlled burning to reduce the fire risk...
It has never been controlled burning that has destroyed all the small lizards and other wildlife, it has been caused mainly by our ability to populate the entire country and grow crops and graze animals for our very survival.

We all eat the products of cropping and grazing and farming and growing our food products....yes even the supporters of the radical followings actually need to eat.

Amazingly, some of Australias flora regenerates by fire......i wonder who worked that out?????

To prevent the tragedies that come from bushfire we all need to use all the methods available to prevent, control and reduce the economic loss that we all experience when a bushfire devastates our community....

In relation to some other comments in topic................

Stop turning this into a political debate on this forum....Any political party can do more to help and assist in lessening the social and economic effect of bushfires.
I have lived in communities that have suffered massive losses from bushfires and in my personal observation it has never been a tree hugger that has lost his or her life in a bush fire....how safe it is in the inner suburbs of a capital city.

Encourage your own party of political persuasion both state and federal, to use and employ all the most modern methods, techniques and the worlds first and best equipment available, or just watch the news on TV and forget those who may have paid the ultimate sacrifice in most cases to provide food for the broader community.

Yeah stop turning this into a political debate you tree hugging hipsters!

The problem is, you just dont know when a fire will break out, or how big it will get

Ducatiboy stu said:
The problem is, you just dont know when a fire will break out, or how big it will get
You do in winter when u can control it. You don't have to worry about the heat or wind to take it beyond creeks, roads or fire breaks.

Back