Australia's "best"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the new England area (Armidale/Glen Innes/ Tenterfield)...but its about the only area that I have been in where it gets to cold to snow....you even need a jumper in summer...which is really weird for Nth NSW...Ebor has got great Sub-Alpine forest landscape...

Yeah, its a nice place to visit I suppose. Ill tell you, that Tuesday in December was the best summer ever ;)

You're doing OK down there in Grafton Stu, its a nice little town. The Jacarandas are wonderful in full bloom.

Currently, Im an Armadillo, but looking forward to getting out of here. I miss the brain-baking humidity of Lismore. Its home, end of story.

For the last year or so Ive had a couple of lines from a Mountain goats song running through my head and I just cant shake them:

" i see you standing there in the doorway soaking
the water drizzles off of you down to the floor
and i say that i don't want to live in new england anymore"

A couple more months and Ill be done here :icon_drunk:

I just find it funny no-one has mentioned anywhere in Victoria. :icon_cheers:

If Adelaide is too hot in the summer, perhaps Perth isn't for you, but if you like the coastal life, perhaps one of our southern towns?

Mandurah is about 70km south of Perth (but is considered part of the metropolitan area) and is a bit cooler than Perth, and an hour closer to the south west :D

Plus there is good money to be made here :D

Agree with Sathid. Been over to WA (Mandurah/Golden Bay) twice and love it. I would move there in a flash given half a chance. Beautiful part of the country.
Cheers
Steve

Adelaide would have to be the place :D . As Dr Smurto said the Adelaide hills are a nice place with cooler weather and affordable. The heat Tangent said buy an air conditioner. The beer Adelaide can not be complained about, we all walk to our fridges and pour some of the best beer we have ever brewed.

And the extreme heat is not that bad. Today outside is 19deg and rain (spitting).

Cheers :party:

Ahhh Adelaide....

Serial Killer capital of Australia.

Or so they say ;)

Adelaide would have to be the place :D . As Dr Smurto said the Adelaide hills are a nice place with cooler weather and affordable. The heat Tangent said buy an air conditioner. The beer Adelaide can not be complained about, we all walk to our fridges and pour some of the best beer we have ever brewed.

And the extreme heat is not that bad. Today outside is 19deg and rain (spitting).

Cheers :party:

It's too cold up there in winter for old man wayne's bones.

South of perth, kiwi! You can teach me to TIG weld.

As well as air conditioners we also have heaters. Also we can ferment at lower tempretures in winter without using all that electricity running a fridge. (We are very GREEN here) :lol:

Besides Wayne has kids and now we have captured most of our serial killers this is a pretty safe state to live, unless you live on that side of town. ;)

Move to the hills or to the south of the city Wayne. That will reduce my fuel costs when checking out all that bling you craft. B)

With heat, you can have the baking heat of the outback, I don't mind that kind of heat, there is no humidity to back it up. Up here in (supposedly) sunny QLD, the humidity kills you. After all the rain we have had, a 30C day has you sweating rivulets mate. Somewhere between Syndey an Brisbane is the go. I used to fish at a place north of Port Maquarie called Hat Head, it was a fishermans heaven and there is a nice town just to the north called South West Rocks. Anywhere from Hat head to a bit north of Coffs, I'd use these places as a starting point mate.

cheers

Browndog

Our family is moving to a farm in Nthn NSW (between Kyogle and Murwillumbah) later this year. Average rainfall 1200mm, volcanic top soil 40ft deep. Inland enough so it still gets cool (which I quite like), but an all year growing season for many crops. 45 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to rainforest. It'll do me.

I don't like sweaty nut-sack weather either. Northern QLD and further up through Asia is only good for visits I reckon. I can handle 45C+ in the shade when it's dry as chips and plenty of cold beer and water.

even better go back to nz in cc i may join u there in a few years

Back