Australias Best Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whilst sitting on the fence... :lol: :icon_cheers:

Couldn't agree more with this.

Right now I am loving a local Tassie beer.

Ironhouse Pale Ale.

Beautiful citrus aroma and taste backed up with some lovely malt flavours. :icon_drool2:

Cheers
Brad

Reserved, as I rate different beers great on different days.
GB

Always keen to try new beers so I'm going to try me some of this Stone and Wood Pacific Ale.

Always keen to try new beers so I'm going to try me some of this Stone and Wood Pacific Ale.
drink it on tap.. the bottled version doesnt do it justice after trying it... (although it was from Dans so could have been mishandled...)

drink it on tap.. the bottled version doesnt do it justice after trying it... (although it was from Dans so could have been mishandled...)
Ok, thanks for the tip. Anybody in Perth know where this beer is on tap?

Congrats to the S&W brewery a great result, personally this beer caught my attention late last year in Townsville and havn't looked back since.

Jan

Ok, thanks for the tip. Anybody in Perth know where this beer is on tap?

Sail and anchor and Clancys in Freo both have it from time to time.

Is the Pacific Ale just the Draught Ale relabelled? I used to love the draught ale when I lived in NSW, but the pacific ale tastes a little different. Im trying to work out whether its different, if I dont like it as well as a used to, or it doesnt cross the desert that well (or all three).

Either way, its still a great beer.

Australia's best beer is the one that most people like to drink.

Pull ya head in, cork sniffers. :p Not everyone likes beer flavoured with flowers that taste like a grapefruit tree. Pooftas.

Reserved, as I rate different beers great on different days.
GB

Fair comment. Love the S&W PA (my Dan's is inside a shopping centre) at the moment, but when (or if) the weather gets cooler, I'll be hammering far maltier beers, dark beers and the like.

As SWMBO says "you don't just feel like beer, you feel like a particular beer" - she said it when I was on crutches and I asked her to go into the bottle shop.

Goomba

"you don't just feel like beer, you feel like a particular beer"

That's totally true. Right now, all I want is a dark, malty brown ale, nothing else will do. So... I'm outta here to get one right now !

I almost always want a Schneider Weisse. It's the best beer in Australia.

Aussie's best beer?
Billy B's
Apple lambic?
Great stuff anyway and really good ciders - never gets mentoned by lazy hacks though.

Perry you may be pleased to know that as part of the voting panel I placed Billy B's in my top 5 (can't remember where exactly) and there is a bottle in the coolroom at work awaiting further enjoyment.

edit-
just did a quick check and I put Billy B's at No 3
and as a quick aside and a bit of boring info that I at least found interesting.
7 of my top twelve beers made the cut in the top 12 of the list
3 of my top five were in the top 5 on the list
1 of my top 12 made the list in the same position I voted for it.

I can't wait to see the full list.

A deserving winner. I wouldn't say the 'best' beer this year, but easily the best session beer I've ever tasted. I've come close to cloning it and try to keep a keg in stock at all times. Well done guys!

I have tried and tasted alot of friggen beer but Sunshine Coast Brewery has somthing special in the rye ESB I am loving it .Cheers
sav

Just my 2c on the whole Craft Brewer discussion.

I dont understand why the size of, or the owners of a brewery should make any difference to judging a beer.

Shouldnt each beer be judged on its own merit?

Shouldnt the best beer be the best beer, not the best beer brewed by no more than 3 men, in containers no larger than 100 litres, owned by no more than 3 other men???

Its the beer that matters, not how or where, or by who, or who owns it???

my 2c

Latest posts

Back