Australian Tettnang

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicko

Boston Bay Brewery
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently purchased some Australian Tettnang pellets and I was wondering if anyone has tried them?
If so, what are they like?
Are they similar to the German variety or will I expect something more closely allied to POR?

I did do a search on google + ahb and it didn't give me anything.

Cheers

Hi all,

I have recently purchased some Australian Tettnang pellets and I was wondering if anyone has tried them?
If so, what are they like?
Are they similar to the German variety or will I expect something more closely allied to POR?

I did do a search on google + ahb and it didn't give me anything.

Cheers
Tried the Tassie Tettanang plugs a while back, not a german copy but good in its own right.Not at all POR .Why are people so unkind to Aussie hops?Even POR is good used well.
GB

Australian Tettnanger hops are generally not the true Tettnanger cultivar, but are thought to be Fuggle or a descendant of Fuggle.

Source: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php...nang_Tettnanger

Not really what I wanted to see - I've just bought a truckload of Aust Tett pellets to brew up a series of German lagers. No doubt the beer'll be alright, but I was aiming to be close to style.

Tried the Tassie Tettanang plugs a while back, not a german copy but good in its own right.Not at all POR .Why are people so unkind to Aussie hops?Even POR is good used well.
GB

So it isn't like the German variety and it is not like POR. mmmmm!!!!!

:icon_offtopic: BTW I think POR is an excellent hop if fresh and used in Australian beers. :D

Cheers

Not really what I wanted to see - I've just bought a truckload of Aust Tett pellets to brew up a series of German lagers. No doubt the beer'll be alright, but I was aiming to be close to style.

So fuggles is not that bad, maybe a few English beers might be the go!

Cheers

Worked good in my Pils and wheats, nothing like you would expect from Fuggles.Get some fuggles in one hand and Tett in the other and you will notice the difference.Would you stick fuggles in your Lagers ? Nore would I, so I think you will be ok.Go Aussie.
GB

Back