• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Australian Stirplates - Need Testers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone

Does anyone knows if Michael is still around?? Wanted to get some of his stir plates from his web page but they have been out of stock for a while.....

Far out I hope so because I never knew about this thread. $60 would be awesome.

Hey Guys, I'm still around but I've been overseas and snowed under with other work. I was hoping to get another batch built, but I had issues with getting the parts. Don't hold your breath, but I'll make sure to post here again when I get the parts and have the time to build the stirplates.

Hey Mick

Nice, let us know how it goes. I'm definitively up for 1.

Cheers

Hey Guys, I'm still around but I've been overseas and snowed under with other work. I was hoping to get another batch built, but I had issues with getting the parts. Don't hold your breath, but I'll make sure to post here again when I get the parts and have the time to build the stirplates.

If these come about in the next month or two I'd be keen for one also! If not I'll try build my own :)

If these come about in the next month or two I'd be keen for one also! If not I'll try build my own :)

I was waiting ages for one of these to come in stock. I'm sure they're quality units as reported here, but it seems as he's pretty busy and can't get time to do make them. I did however buy some other stuff from him and got great service. But if you're keen to have one soon, their pretty easy and cheap to knock up yourself.

Have a read through here. It does get a bit technical and daunting (for non electrical types like me). But the way i did it, ended up being a little bit of a work around. Essentially all it is, is a variable voltage power adaptor direct wired to a 12V PC fan with a couple of magnets stuck to it. I ended up bypassing the speed control as it was uneccessary. As you can see here it works really, really well.

I was wondering if you used a ball-bearing based fan?

I've had far too many CPU fans cease up when they've been using sleeve bearings, I wouldn't want the fan in a stirplate to cease up :)

I was waiting ages for one of these to come in stock. I'm sure they're quality units as reported here, but it seems as he's pretty busy and can't get time to do make them. I did however buy some other stuff from him and got great service. But if you're keen to have one soon, their pretty easy and cheap to knock up yourself.

Have a read through here. It does get a bit technical and daunting (for non electrical types like me). But the way i did it, ended up being a little bit of a work around. Essentially all it is, is a variable voltage power adaptor direct wired to a 12V PC fan with a couple of magnets stuck to it. I ended up bypassing the speed control as it was uneccessary. As you can see here it works really, really well.

Hi Argon

I built one of these but can't get it to work properly. I have a feeling that the magnets may be too far apart.
What size stir bar do you use?

Latest posts

Back