Australian Draught

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As JS suggests, it's easy to convert an AG recipe to PM. J just replace 1kg of the base malt (ale/pale/pilsner usually) with something like 0.7kg extract. Everything else can stay the same.

You may want to add some more cascade in there. Probably at least 15g at 15 and 0, and then adjust to your tastes next time. Your grains will be fine. Why not make it with an ale yeast? Something like US56 is quick and neutral. Less worry with temp and quicker to find out if you like the beer. :D

I might do one with a Lager and one with a Ale yeast and see how that goes.

Cheers for the ratio thing mate, do you reckon thats applicable for all AG's as I can rip off many of the AG's in the recipes section.

Cheers.

Yep. Just keep all the specialty grains and as much of the base malt as you can handle. Now you have hundreds of recipes to choose from. :D

Hi Ben,

have a look at this malt conversion calculator I've posted on another thread:
Malt Conversion Calculator

You just enter the amount of grains and it gives the equivalent in LME or DME.

On a side note, today your longneck count is over 350. That's about 260l of beer... I'm deeply impressed. :super:

Ciao,
Laurent

I might do one with a Lager and one with a Ale yeast and see how that goes.

Cheers for the ratio thing mate, do you reckon thats applicable for all AG's as I can rip off many of the AG's in the recipes section.

Cheers.

The recipes I've posted have been ripped off from other people and I've made sure they've commented its okay. - I wouldnt post recipes blindly.

And I cant download stuff @ work meaning that I need to get down to a net cafe that allows u to burn onto a CD or a floppy disk as I dont have the net on the home CPU.

Sort of handicaps me and unfortunately no doubt annoys people on here which I regret but.....
You can try Beer Tools to help you formulate your recipes. It's all done online, no downloading. I used to use that site, and sometimes still do.

Latest posts

Back