Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knocked out of placing on countback pants!!!!!

That category was pretty competitive! My dunkel I think came 5th

Brewers
  • Score sheets (and medals - if applicable) have just been mailed out.
  • Judges & Stewards – BJCP points have been allocated.
I don't visit AHB very often, so If you have any questions, please email me at: [email protected]

Brew Strong!
Lawfo

Lawfo said:
Brewers
  • Score sheets (and medals - if applicable) have just been mailed out.
  • Judges & Stewards – BJCP points have been allocated.
I don't visit AHB very often, so If you have any questions, please email me at: [email protected]

Brew Strong!
Lawfo
Lawfo.

I am assuming you're one of the comp "officials" - can you confirm your earlier post about medals for gold, silver, bronze based on point ranges, or is it just first second and third as someone posted later?

GrumpyPaul said:
Lawfo.

I am assuming you're one of the comp "officials" - can you confirm your earlier post about medals for gold, silver, bronze based on point ranges, or is it just first second and third as someone posted later?
I'm not an AABC official (yes lawfo is) but what Kodos said earlier was true, AABC medals are awarded for first, second and third. In one category these three placegetters could all be 'gold range' beers, another category they could all be 'bronze range'.

So winners should just quote what makes them sound more successful to family and friends - I got a gold medal beer at nationals (cough I came fifth cough) - or - I came first at the nationals (cough with a bronze medal beer cough)

I like your thinking MrNoTip.

I am a national sliver medal award winning brewer (cough) I came 6th (cough)

Got my feedback today, while not as good as I would have liked, there's lots of detailed feedback on how to fix things and get it up to scratch. Cheers for the quick turnaround!

Mine arrived in the mid-north coast back blocks of NSW today complete with a pretty silver medal. Kids wanted to use it for dress up.....

Yep! Got mine ('shame it took so long for the Vicbrew sheets to come out, but that's another story & up for discussion next Thursday....).

I agree with most (not all) of the comments/feedback, but always good to get subjective opinions on something reliant on subjective perceptions.

It's all good, even 'though I got beaten by 2 F*&%ing Baltic F*%$#ing Porters (dark lager) in an Ale category....mumble...grumble...grrr...humph....etc.....

MartinOC said:
It's all good, even 'though I got beaten by 2 F*&%ing Baltic F*%$#ing Porters (dark lager) in an Ale category....mumble...grumble...grrr...humph....etc.....
I guess they Balticked the boxes, amiritie?

GrumpyPaul said:
Has any one esle not received their feedback sheets?

Mine are still yet to arrive
I have 1 set of score sheets for a brewer who failed to provide a mailing address, email address & phone# on their entry form.

They did manage to put their name on the form, so when I get home, I'll check to see if it's you.

If it is, I'll scan & email them through to you.

Mr. No-Tip said:
I guess they Balticked the boxes, amiritie?
Well, yes, there IS that...& I accept the current style allocations...

But I'm still pissed-off about Baltic's being in an ale category ('been arguing that one for years....), much as Kolsh is an ale, but lagered as part of it's process.

MartinOC said:
Well, yes, there IS that...& I accept the current style allocations...
Its a porter category not an ale category. Nothing wrong with being beaten by a Baltic porter. Chances are they were fermented with ale yeast anyway.
But I'm still pissed-off about Baltic's being in an ale category ('been arguing that one for years....), much as Kolsh is an ale, but lagered as part of it's process.

Latest posts

Back