Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was completely blown away to get a first for my Munich Helles :D and so so close with a fourth for my Maibock :) . Still pinching myself. My Berliner Weisse was a wild card so happy with a sixth. It was a great conference and competition and many thanks to the Canberra Brewers for stunning few days. A lot of work goes into running something like that and it shouldn't go unrecognised. :beerbang:

Congrats to my little club, The Ipswich Brewers Union. Less than 20 members and scoring 3 firsts and 3 fourths, well done you guys.

cheers

Browndog

Yes well done all the place getters! In many categories it was very close, so it wasn't easy for the judges.

Can anyone remember what the score ranges were for Gold, silver and bronze medals? I seem to remember someone saying they were different from some of the state medal scores...

Cheers - Snow.

Medals were for point rangers of:

90+ Bronze
105+ Silver
120+ Gold

Lawfo said:

90+ Bronze
105+ Silver
120+ Gold
Is this true - or is it just first, second and third place getters that were recognised?

Does this mean my 111 score = a silver medal?

Thanks Grumoy I was never any good at this splink caper. That will do.

Lawfo said:

90+ Bronze
105+ Silver
120+ Gold
I should have clarified, the above is the point range for where you score sits.

The actual, physical medals are only provided to the top 3 place getters of each category.

Black n Tan said:
I don't think so. Only place getters got medals.
This is correct. Actual medals go only to first, second and third place-getters. The points breakdown is more of a reflection of standards to help the judges award points etc.

The top three IPAs were all of gold medal standard, for example, but I don't believe the judges gave a "gold" score to any of the bitter ales.

It's not a universal thing, and I believe states vary a bit on how they award such ratings. My impression is it just helps keep the judges within a certain range across the comp.

CmdrRyekr said:
Feedback sent? Wondering why my goop can didn't place!
We've collated the 339x3 judging sheets and typed in all the addresses, just need to fill the envelopes and get them into the post. (And catch up on our day jobs). Hopefully will be in the post next week.

Latest posts

Back