Australian Alcohol Guidelines Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a funny thing this beer drinking thing. I have a mate who races formula fords and does not drink. He pays me off about how my drinking will kill me but he will go out on a race track and scream around at 200kmp/h. Funny a.

If you show up at my door with a lycra suit on, I'll wonder if you have become this guy...

/end off topicness.

Relax Pollux, if Bizier actually has a lycra suit on, he's undoubtably walking down oxford st tonight ! :D

Beware of the neo- prohibitionists. Be afraid, be very afraid. :beer:

Pffffft..... even if they are right, if the cost of living for another 10 or 15 years is having no fun at all, give us another pint, bloke....

I saw him as an act as part of La Clique during the Sydney festival.....

Well, sans the whole 3 middies the wife drank I have conquered the 5L keg.......

I might go to bed soon.....

The new Australian Alcohol Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol have finally been released.

Media release from the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC):

New alcohol guidelines say reduce drinking to reduce risk

The new Australian Alcohol Guidelines to Reduce Health Risks from Drinking Alcohol announced today recommend that both women AND men drink no more than two standard drinks a day over their lifetime if they want to reduce their risk of being harmed by an alcohol-related injury or disease.
I notice it doesn't take into account the huge benefits slightly larger alcohol consumption shy or lonely people might require for a happier life, as explained in this tequila ad pilfered from a CraftBrewer Radio show.View attachment Tequila_ad.mp3

Back