Australia Day Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manticle said:
Next door neighbours are playing the hottest 100. I haven't enjoyed jjj since I was 14 but can someone tell me why it's such a thing? Everything I can hear over the fence is dreadful, bland shite. Taylor swift possibly winning a spot is the least of their woes. So mediocre.
I'll get back in my grumpy cynic's box.
I tell the mrs from time to time that if Taylor had played her cards right she could have had me...

Listening to channel v's hits which is alright

Am brewing for the first time in ages, also successfully trialing my new fly sparge thingy.
still waiting for the brewplace safety tick of approval though.

DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1093.JPG

DSC_1095.JPG

also having a beer out of my newest wanker glass addition

DSC_1110.JPG

Apart from gaurding my box (see above - for humour clarification)

As per posts elsewhere.

Friday night camping drinking case swap beers.
Saturday at the Ballarat Beer Festival
Sunday - recovering
Monday extended family get together at Lilydale lake for Brunch - that extends for most of the day. (game of cricket with typical back yard rules - tippety run, one hand one bounce out and girls get two chances batting)

manticle said:
Next door neighbours are playing the hottest 100. I haven't enjoyed jjj since I was 14 but can someone tell me why it's such a thing? Everything I can hear over the fence is dreadful, bland shite. Taylor swift possibly winning a spot is the least of their woes. So mediocre.

I'll get back in my grumpy cynic's box.
I'm a regular listener and I agree, the gems are pretty few, mate. I'm a firm believer that just because someone can record music in their bedroom using a plastic milk bottle, their mum's pantyhose and a few lacky bands, it in no way warrants air time.

edit- Oh, and I'm eating Chinese for morning tea, American style pulled pork and coleslaw for lunch, and washing it all down with a few Belgian and English beers with the cricket on!

Celebrated the 65th year of the arrival of my mother's side of the family to Australia. Fifty or sixty clog wogs in a park and not one of them wrong! Now trying to stop myself from gorging on a bag of Dutch licorice. I love this stuff.

manticle said:
Oh and I trimmed and defined my new Van Dycke beard set.

Who's Taylor Swift? Sounds like an International Shipping company.

@manticle

Surprisingly not compared to my rellies overseas. They make me feel short at 6'2".

Bribie G said:
Oh and I trimmed and defined my new Van Dycke beard set.
Who's Taylor Swift? Sounds like an International Shipping company.
If you don't know Taylor Swift, make every effort to stay that way. 'Orrible shite

I worked her concert here last year, and I reckon the pay still wasn't enough. A 2 hour concert with an hour of music and an hour of showing her photo albums and dribbling on to her adoring fans. At least there was only an hour of music.

Big look forward to work the Foo Fighters show ina few weeks. :super: :super: :super:

After a huge morning with the Flamin' Thongs marathon on ABC3, and then bottling beer no. 150, I watched some of MAX's Top 100 BBQ songs with my 8yo daughter this arvo.
Highlights included:
- Daughter asking "did long curly hair used to be a fashion?" after watching a few songs (inc G'nR, INXS, and Led Zeppelin)
- Daughter's superb reaction to her first ever viewing of P.Garrett's dancing (Power and the Passion)...hilarity
- Daughter's equally superb 'guitar face' imitations (esp Angus Young on Thunderstruck [No. 2 by the way])

Beep beep beep,update for my previous post,
Loaded the ute,stuff the dogshit on the back lawn and mowing it !
Didn't bottle the 2 brews,( fuckem they can wait).
Had a few brews my daughter brought me back from Port Mac = little brewing + black duck+ listened to a couple of podcasts = happy me.
Buuuuut,I read to my missus the original post,and got a smile,hang on.............3.7 seconds later I'm back, just call me Victor,like the mower it only takes 2 pulls.....:)

At work all weekend :-( home on wed to hook into some brew

Latest posts

Back