Australia Day 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozzie Day will be my recovery day after the Big Day Out (BDO).

I'm thinking of brekky at the Lowenbrau with my BDO drinking buddy, and a few recovery wheat beers and maybe a Kellerbier (but remember to re-cap and save the yeast).

We'll take it from there. We may even still be there when you other guys turn up for lunch.

I'll be the one with the sunburn and the offensive T-shirt. :lol:

Seth :p

Going to do a double wheat as well :beerbang: :beer:

Batz :ph34r:

Well, I'm workin... :huh:

doing the OT thing again...(as long as Ross doesn't call another last minute session)

BUT its ALL good cause the finances will go straight in to buying my AG gear. :super:

Wont be long now...closer and closer to crossing to the "DARK SIDE" B)

Going to do a double wheat as well :beerbang: :beer:

Batz :ph34r:

king-033.gif

AAAHHHHHHHHHH hahahahahahahaha

GOLD !

Thats something i would do :lol:

Hey........ if there's a pool the filter will catch it :p

As far as aussie beer brewing on Australia day goes.... would i be more australian to brew an english bitter?

cheers

Lamb ale would be more Australian

cheers

Darren

Recipe for a "Lamb Ale" for Australia Day now there's a challenge. Would have to be "Bloody Good" and "Bloody Cheap" so ya can give plenty away to all ya bloody mates, would have to be bloody hoppy so the sheila's wouldn't want any, what a bloody good idea Darren, finally something from you that's positively bloody positive.

For any intersted people the plan is to meet at the lowenbrau at about 10am and just see where the day takes us. I for one will be checking out Diesel and The Whitlams, as for the rest of the day....

All are welcome to join.

Currently going:

Homekegger
Linz
Little Squares
Redbeard(maybe)
Les the Weizguy(Although seedy from the BDO)

Feel free to add your name and pop on down for an Ale whilst we celebrate this great bloody country of ours

Cheers

HK

Off to Hyde Park for the food and wine festival with the family and some friends. Do it every year.
Good food, good beverages, some entertainment and a couple of relaxing hours in the park! :)
Won't be brewing anything as the kegs and fermenters are all full after yesterday :)

Then probably some lamb on the BBQ that night while watching the cricket :beerbang:

Cheers.

Yep that's a plan, eat and drink and be thankfull we are Australian.

BTW a 4 day week too, how Australian is that.

Thinking of brewing Thursday night and doing my first No Chill.
It will be a wheat beer too. :p
Australia day is also my sisters birthday, so will be doing something birthday related.

Doc

beers and a bbq at a mates then off to the city to watch Sydney beat the Jets at the SFS ;)
no brewing....

Having an Oz Day Sausage Sizzle and Pool Party.
Am running dangerously low on supplies though,
but will have plenty of empties to fill at the end of the day.
:beer:

Brewing a koelsch in the morning. Lamb on the bbq, beer on tap and cricket on TV in the arvo.

I live in the city (Perth) so my bro-in-law is coming up here to help me empty one of my home brew kegs before we walk down the road to watch the fireworks.

Hopefully brewing a smoked porter then floating on a pool lounge drinking my "Forecks" Pale Ale (POR-bittering, Cluster, + Cluster) outa a frosty mug. Witha bit of luck somebody will bring me a lamb chop to save energy :)

Most likely fill up the fridge, and then do my best to empty it while watching B-Grade Tv.

Converting a keg into my HLT.

neighbour is going to weld a socket for my 3000w element and a socket for my mashmaster temp controller.Install the tap and them i'm ready for my maiden voyage.

rook

Back