Aussie Translation Needed

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnymax

Reaction score
Okay, some of you may recall that the Brew Bubbas and I picked on Ian and Graham Sanders (the Guru of the North) on the last BrewCrAzY show. Well, Graham posted his first show since we had a lot of fun at their expense and he basiclly apologized for not have time to put up a proper show and just posted a debate about alcohol consumption in Australia.
Now here is what I need translated after he said that he said
"On the next show I have a couple of people I need to serve up!"

I have an idea what he ment, but what does it mean down under?

This is about the brewing shows that are posted each fortnight, so I guess the Pub is the proper forum.
Now I need a jug of Bee-uh!

Okay, some of you may recall that the Brew Bubbas and I picked on Ian and Graham Sanders (the Guru of the North) on the last BrewCrAzY show. Well, Graham posted his first show since we had a lot of fun at their expense and he basiclly apologized for not have time to put up a proper show and just posted a debate about alcohol consumption in Australia.
Now here is what I need translated after he said that he said
"On the next show I have a couple of people I need to serve up!"

I have an idea what he ment, but what does it mean down under?

This is about the brewing shows that are posted each fortnight, so I guess the Pub is the proper forum.
Now I need a jug of Bee-uh!

I think in that context he means; "On the next show I will insult some deserving bastards".

But don't quote me :D

Or simply put differently.
"Have a poke at"
"Stir up"
"straighten them up....
??

Down here, Cop a serve = get some abuse. Give a serve = well....you get the point.....:)
Unfortunately nothing to do with beer getting served.

CRAP! :(
That was my fear.
I pictured me hog tied with an apple in my mouth being served to the Podcast community on a silver platter!
He did not even do a show, I am thinking he is taking 4 weeks to.... "serve me up!" :eek:

CRAP! :(
That was my fear.
I pictured me hog tied with an apple in my mouth being served to the Podcast community on a silver platter!
He did not even do a show, I am thinking he is taking 4 weeks to.... "serve me up!" :eek:

Down here we would say "... a few people I wanna stick it to ! (or stick it up 'em!) Fair Dinkum. Tell that Seppo he needs a good kick in the arse (not ass .. we say arse") and you know a few blokes in Oztruckingphalia who'll sink the slipper no worries !

Or something like that.

Sink the Slipper! That's BRILLIANT!!! Haven't heard that one before :D

Anyway american sounds like you can give shit but not take it back... take it easy n if you can't laugh at yourself, WHO CAN YOU LAUGH AT??

Not sure why you think I can't take it. I just wanted to know the definition.
Hell, I did the show just to yank his chain! LOL
And it looks like I yanked it hard :)
Anyway, now the Brew Bubbas and I am anxiously waiting to see what the GURU of the North has in store for us.....

If he is the GURU of the North and you live South of him.... That would make you Mexicans to him (it's an Aussie thing I think) So, if you live South of him, wouldn't that make him a Yank to you...
The GURU Yank?

If he is the GURU of the North and you live South of him.... That would make you Mexicans to him (it's an Aussie thing I think)

Estimado mximo de Johnny.
Puede ser que seamos mexicano al gur pero espero que no ests sugiriendo que elaboramos cerveza la cerveza del dishwater como esa materia en las botellas de cristal claras que necesite la cal de ti lado del mundo.

- Luke

Latest posts

Back