Ashes 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bradsbrew

Seeing as we are in for ten tests, thought I would start a thread for discussing the Ashes.

How good has Ashton Agar just done, saved the first innings, he is not a number eleven but great strategy by Lehman.

Only one wicket to go, now I have stay up to watch.

Geez I hope I don't end up the only person to post in this thread.........might have to throw in some not so funny pics

Was watching, turned over to watch the tour. I used to love the Aussies even when it was AB and a bunch of hacks getting smacked around by the windies when I was a kid. Then loved Merv and Boonie, Even Warnie and Tubs. Steve Waugh was Awesome, just hated losing with a passion. But Watson, Clark and the rest of 'em come across like a self obsessed bunch of sooks and I just can't get enthused about them. I love Peter Siddle was then shocked to hear his missus has talked him into becoming a vegetarian. I want cricketers with big moes, who can smash cans and sixes, who eat steaks and take shit from NO pom.

P.S. I don't mind vego's at all, it just doesn't send the right image for a fast bowler who should be angry and intimidating.

Ha bridges your not wrong. I feel that arrogant vibe as well, but of a shame....personally I recon it stems from Clark. Good batsmen but doesn't understand the relationship side to it if you ask me. Agar was incredible, be surprised if hes at 11 again. Too much talent to waste.

What a champion effort by Agar, he also showed great character when he got out. Yes the team does not have the same charisma as the 70's and 80's but to be fair the world in general is a lot different and a lot of the behaviour from previous era's would not be acceptable in today's game. Yes quite a few of them a perceived as arrogant but I think that stems from the captain and the former coach. I think we may see a change under Darren Lehman. For some reason I cannot stand Warner, maybe because of the way he done a dog act on Hussey.

Bring on day three

How are you watching the Ashes 90 years into the future Brad?

:lol:

Parks said:

Parks said:

Ha ha, I did not notice that until you mentioned it.

Cheers

As a pom, painfull to watch our lead slip away!
But, fairs fair. Wonderfull batting display by agar.
If only your batsmen played half as good as him, you'd have it wrapped up! magic 2 days of cricket so far....
Maybe some cricket inspired beer names coming up??

Good to see Watson has overcome Mickey Arthur .....I mean his injury.....and is bowling again.

Latest posts

Back