• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Asahi Kit

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

mjadeb1984

Reaction score
hi
at the moment im brewing an asahi clone kit from brewcraft, it has been fermenting for three weeks now in my temp controlled fridge at approx 12 degrees C ( as needed by the saaf yeast included in the kit).
so i was just wondering,
1 if the low temp yeast takes longer to finish?
2 the SG has been consistant over a few days at about 1.010 but in the kit was a dry enzyme which i was told would leave me with a 1.000 finishing gravity?
3 when i take some out for a SG reading it is quite fizzy and was thinking of not priming the bottles. Thoughts on that?

any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

zabond

Reaction score
1 yes lager yeast usually take a bit longer to ferment
2 if sg stable over three days uaually finished,raise your temp to about 16* for another 5 days to wake yeast up and clean up any unwanted flavours,then crash chill @ 1* for a week before bottling
3 fiz in test sample is prob a bit of co2 retained in wort,you will still have to prime[bulk priming recomended]

mjadeb1984

Reaction score
thanks mate, its out of the fridge at the moment so ill leave it for a while see if it wakes up abit.
and congratulations on your 300th post.

Latest posts