Asahi buys Mountain Goat Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elz said:
Easy for me to say, but its should not be about the money. Love the craft ( make a living etc). Plus why not take over anther craft bussiness and expand on your own terms.
Very easy to say when its not your money involved. As soon as it becomes a business, its all about the money.

Do people really have misty eyed notions that those 2 blokes have been anywhere near the brewery floor in recent memory (perhaps other than a photo op for media releases etc)?

They built a brand with the initial product they put out which was their own creations and had some success........they got big enough to hire folks to do it for them.......they then focused on pushing their brand and building it to where they got to a point where they where able sell it for a tonne of dollars.

Breweries/brewers who do it for the love must either have a lot of coin coming from elsewhere or thrive on the fact some neckbeard at a beer festival somewhere took a selfie with them and **** all else.

pist said:
I'm surprised with the popularity of pacific ale that such a pitch hasn't been made (and accepted) at stone and wood yet
Highly unlikely, Brad Rogers is ex mega-brewery. Reason for the popularity is that he knows how to run a business. They bought back Little World (creatures) 20% share when they were bought out by Lion, for instance.

Personally if I put my blood sweat and tears into a craft beer, the last thing I would wanna do is sell out to the big boys. Easy for me to say as I'm not in their shoes!! However I reckon that brewing craft beer, albeit a business, also inheritally includes holding onto some ethics. Mmm maybe antiestablishment, anti big business. My thoughts anyway.

Good on em,they've worked their arses off for 18 years,time to cash in,ethics?,it's a business,they haven't done anything unethical.Have always loved the hightail.

Craftypint with an article here with words from the new GM about the direction of the goat. Basically saying not much will change as most beers are already brewed at the Asahi owned brewery in Laverton.

Latest posts

Back