Are You Brewing A Special Beer For The Festive Season

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No

But what a great idea. Next Year. Maybe a nice Weizen

I wonder BC if I did a 40 litre batch of this I do 20 litres with the strawberries and 20 litres without ? I like it
I don't see why not...
I bottled a few bottles out of the weizen part so that there was room in the secondary fermenter for all the strawberries :)
Haven't tasted them yet.
I missed my temps a little on this batch so it is a little thin, but if you hit them well I think it would be great.

I wonder BC if I did a 40 litre batch of this I do 20 litres with the strawberries and 20 litres without ? I like it

Pumpy, a mate and I did that with a 50L Weizen (extract, don't hold it against us). Racked of half into a cube and loaded the strawberries into the fermenter and waited for the fruit to ferment out. Both turned out great. I didn't get much of my share of the strawberry, the missus absolutley demolished it.

A weizenbock is on for christmas.

I also have a Czech pilsner which is being kegged this week.

Forget the altbier, there won't be any left... :p

WJ

i've got a rye ipa that i do that the old man loves so i'll get that happening for him as a xmas drop.

Got nothing left and no time to brew a batch before Xmas.

Im hopeing that the HAG Xmas swap will get me though, its just a bit hard to share with only one bottle of each to enjoy. Small sips - yeah

thats the key

As long as you refer to it as bconnery's Chrismoose ale , or bconnery's Strawbeery ;)
My AG recipes are still coming along so I figure some of my extract beers which have been done a few times now are my best chance of having a beer achieve AHB naming status in the line of Ross's NS summer ale etc. :D

The new strawbeery is AG so if you want either of the extract versions, if I haven't sent them to you at some point already, PM me...

Yep thats what 'BC' stands for 'Before Chrismoose'

im brewing a festive wit on thurs i like it green so hope the keg makes it till xmas day

I bottled a Maple Porter a few weeks ago in readiness for the Christmas break. Probably more suited to a northern christmas but we'll see how it goes.

Every beer is special! :wub:

I bottled a Maple Porter a few weeks ago in readiness for the Christmas break. Probably more suited to a northern christmas but we'll see how it goes.

Crank the Aircon up to max and play it by ear!

Fess.

Wow !!!
  • Maple Porter
  • Smick's Jamil Zainashef's Black Forest Cake Stout
  • Festive Wit
God I am so Boring how inventive are these guys I gotta step up

Pumpy :eek:

Back