Anyone Used These To Bottle Their Beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You only need 11 of em.

I have one, just picked it up a few weeks ago from the tip shop for $5, I have friend who has a couple and he uses them for party beer, always gets a good reaction.

i use the odd 2L soft-drink bottle. if that bottle exploded you would have a nice mess everywhere.

Im sure that my old man has an unopened 3L darwin stubbie in his shed. Ill check tomorrow.

whats strange is the site says that the 2L ones are the biggest... im sure the one he has is a 3L one...

biggest ive seen and have is a 2 litre one ..

Being from the NT, I feel it is my obligation to contribute!

If anyone wants them I am more then happy to go to the local souvenier shop, purchase them and send them down. I must warn you that the liquid this bottle contains will make your toes curl and swear off mass produced beer forever (if you haven't already).

I bought one once, when I was at Uni, to give to the girlfriends parents as a present. They decided to drink it, bless them, and I had a glass, tasted like cat piss, not that I know what that tastes like... ;)

If you want them PM me and I see what I can do with the souvenier floggers in town. I can negoiate (just not spell)

Cheers,

Reece
Alice Springs needs a pub without VB or Tooheys. Damn you Bo Jangles! And you Melankas! Bring on NZ

whats the normal price compared to the website shown?

If you want to drink 2L at a time :blink:

You can get tham at my local Dan Murphys (Wentworthville, Sydney) so I imagine you can get them at any other in the chain. They are pretty expensive there too - i think about $30 each. Too bad you can't buy it empty...

Got 2 original darwin stubbies at home, the original 2.25L bottles that CUB used to ship beer north in rather than the modern ones. Used to collect them for bottling but as mentioned they're not easy to get your hands on, going price is up to $10/bottle

Used to have 3 until one of them exploded about 18 months ago in a tragic 40 degree day wheat beer disaster.

While collecting the shards from all through the shed I noticed that the manufacture of these old bottles leaves a fair bit to be desired. The glass wall thickness varied significantly and was noticeably thin in parts.

That said I stopped using them, emptied the last one just last weekend at my housewarming and i'm unsure whether ill reuse them or what.

Just for info the old bottles came in 2 types; the ones with etched labels and the ones with labels stuck on.
Also if you look around you can find Victoria Bitter darwin stubbies too.

Latest posts

Back