Anyone Know Where To Buy Co2 Bulbs In Adelaide?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crundle

I like beer
Reaction score
Hi all, hoping I might be able to get some help in locating CO2 bulbs for a keg charger in Adelaide. They are the same size as the ones used for cream dispensers, but I haven't had any luck finding any so far.

Going away on a trip to Marion Bay for a few days, and we have 4 kegs to pour from, so any help to find outlets that supply them would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

Crundle, try IGA, ask for it at the service counter. My local IGA in Elizabeth Park has them (or at least did have some not so long ago), but I don't know if they're identical, cos I don't know if there are more than 1 type of bulb....But I've seen em behind the counter where they have all the smokes.

Had a similar problem up here. Went to Coles, Woolworths, local hospitality supply store and a Robins Kitchen franchise all with no luck. Could only get the smaller types for soda / cream dispensers.

Ended up with exactly what I wanted at my LBHS, they just didn't have them on display. Should have gone there in the first place really! It was a while ago but I think it was one bulb per keg that I used.

thanks for the help all, I had a look and my trusty local home brew shop indeed has them, but I will still look around to see if they are available cheaper as there is a mighty markup on them. Looking forward to the fishing trip, the secondary ferment should be done by tomorrow night, then crash chill and gas
!

Grabbed 2 of the larger type bulbs from Brewcraft for around $7 each, not sure how many kegs they will pour, but planning on taking a converted fire extinguisher up with us to complete the gassing in my kegs and only use the bulbs when we are out on the jetty fishing. Will post some piccies of the unit in action once we are back!

CAsh and carry has them and also alot of Foodland stores

Marion bay?? Fishing?? Catch heaps. Apparently the Salmon are running

Dare I suggest ringing around to bike shops? I bought a charger for a gift and found that bike stores had c02 bulbs for relatively cheap that fit puuuuuuuuurfectly in the charger. Not food grade I assume, but many resources will tell you this makes no difference. I could tell you the eaxct store if you like, but just ring a few bike shops, most large ones will stock them, they are for pumping up tires on the fly.

CHeers,

Back