Anyone Bought Gear From Keg2?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chartster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering getting into kegging my brews, and found this website: http://www.keg2.com.au/prod7.htm, and another site of interest is http://www.aussiebrewer.com.au/component/p...mart/Itemid,89/

They seem to have a reasonable collection of bits, and OK prices as well - I don't want to blow a huge amount of cash but am aware that worryingly cheap things can have corners cut. Has anyone bought from Keg2 or Aussie Brewer before? Any advice?

PS - I know I will need to get a hold of a CO2 canister as well - but it looks like the kits here have everything else I need to get going besides this.

Cheers

im sure there's a thread on both these suppliers somewhere. might pay to do a search.

quickly casting my eye over both sites.....
prices on Keg2 are higher than other supplies.
Aussiebrewer prices are more reasonable, but still not as good as other suppliers such as online sponsors.

Their site looks a little suss. I'd be nervous on this one too so you're right to ask here.

Their gallery section has a shot of a 'hotrod' bbq that I know is from a US forum - nothing that guy has built (unless he lives in the US and he claims he is in Sydney). The dude is having a lend if he is using 'borrowed pictures' and passing them off as his own. How many other shots are of other people's products would be hard to say.

Tread carefully fella. If you do go with him I strongly suggest Cash on Delivery.

Hopper.

sorry ment to mention the ripped off pics/. that converted keg with taps has been doing the traps on ebay etc.

The keg2 business is registered - link but not for GST purposes. which is very odd. He's also a sole trader. so it could be that he's just starting up. although why you'd start a busines like that.....

Hi all,

I'm considering getting into kegging my brews, and found this website: http://www.keg2.com.au/prod7.htm, and another site of interest is http://www.aussiebrewer.com.au/component/p...mart/Itemid,89/

They seem to have a reasonable collection of bits, and OK prices as well - I don't want to blow a huge amount of cash but am aware that worryingly cheap things can have corners cut. Has anyone bought from Keg2 or Aussie Brewer before? Any advice?

PS - I know I will need to get a hold of a CO2 canister as well - but it looks like the kits here have everything else I need to get going besides this.

Cheers

Haven't dealt with keg2.com.au but have dealt with the following guy on evilbay.
Gear all worked fine and he seemed a decent guy might be worth checking out.
Linky to ebay similar setup

Cheers everyone... I am glad I asked for opinions about these traders and I would never have guessed about the 'suss' pictures etc. Best to be very sure before handing over any cash :D

@HoppingMad: I'll tread very carefully...by tiptoeing around these guys completely!

@boddingtons best: I'll check out that ebay link. I'd much rather have the piece of mind going with a vendor that at least somebody knows about here, rather than a potential fly-by-nighter...which is especially important for a newbie in case things don't work out as planned.

Cheers everyone... I am glad I asked for opinions about these traders and I would never have guessed about the 'suss' pictures etc. Best to be very sure before handing over any cash :D

@HoppingMad: I'll tread very carefully...by tiptoeing around these guys completely!

@boddingtons best: I'll check out that ebay link. I'd much rather have the piece of mind going with a vendor that at least somebody knows about here, rather than a potential fly-by-nighter...which is especially important for a newbie in case things don't work out as planned.
Yes and if you have any trouble with him, i know where he lives :ph34r:
Picked my gear up from his home.....

Yes and if you have any trouble with him, i know where he lives :ph34r:

Sold! :lol:

I'll send him a message through evilbay and see what the go is (I'm in the northern suburbs so freight shouldn't be much too). Prices seem pretty fair too - low enough to make dabbling in kegging somewhat less daunting from a financial perspective.

EDIT: @citymorgue2 I'll seriously look at Ross at CraftBrewer.com.au to see what he has to say - saw the note about lack of predetermined keg kit setups, my bad for missing it before!

Just checked the evilbay link myself and thought that was a good price . I guess that is as simple as you can get it but you need to start somewhere Have many keggers started in this way or are you better off saving a bit more for a better setup

Just checked the evilbay link myself and thought that was a good price . I guess that is as simple as you can get it but you need to start somewhere Have many keggers started in this way or are you better off saving a bit more for a better setup

I got a basic setup like that (including gas bottle) quickly followed by a couple more kegs and only recently moved from the little plastic party tap to a nice gold plated unit mounted on my fridge door.

It's not a bad starting point, and so glad to not have to go through all that bottle cleaning filling and capping anymore.
Plus you can go from fermentor to tap in 24hrs if you're brewing ales and in a hurry.

Haven't dealt with keg2.com.au but have dealt with the following guy on evilbay.
Gear all worked fine and he seemed a decent guy might be worth checking out.
Linky to ebay similar setup

For what its worth, I've dealt with The Kegging Company before, and it was a very smooth transaction. Nice guy who happily combined postage and offered some advice to a noob.

Matt

sorry for bringing an old post up but i was just reading some info on keg cleaning and saw this,

no disrespect to any members here but Keg2 is a great place to buy kegerators and accessories as this where i have just purchased my keg fridge.

Ray is a great help and came out to set my keg fridge up and explained how to run it. not a dodge business thats for sure as i an just as worried as the next guy about buying online.

the pictures on his site are just a sample of some of the work he can do. i have been to his office/home and he has one of the best looking bars i have seen.

hope that helps anyone if they are looking at buying a keg fridge in the future.

No offence EZE, but Keg2 must be a bit short-sighted then.

The internet is a small place and any person can do a google image search and see what pictures he's ripped off. I did it in a matter of seconds.

If he can make this stuff, then that's pretty cool. But let's see his own work. Like his own bar which sounds all right, or the stuff he set up for you. Not some plagiarised stuff from the US that he may or may not be able to build.

Using other people's work in this way suggests to all that he's dodgy as he's getting the pics in a dodgy way.

The general rule for most people out there buying on the internet is: "If it smells like something crap, it probably is." And people are nervous enough as it is buying off the net. Our sponsors know this and have sites that are professional and put together properly to instill confidence right down to when you complete a transaction.

He's been judged by the market this way (us) because he's chosen to promote that way - and has lost business as a result.

Here endeth the lesson.

Hopper.

I only found a picture gallery, this gave photos and ideas of what you could do with a keg set-up. I couldn't find where he said he had made any of it. I admit I only skimmed his site.

Batz

No offence EZE, but Keg2 must be a bit short-sighted then.

The internet is a small place and any person can do a google image search and see what pictures he's ripped off. I did it in a matter of seconds.

If he can make this stuff, then that's pretty cool. But let's see his own work. Like his own bar which sounds all right, or the stuff he set up for you. Not some plagiarised stuff from the US that he may or may not be able to build.

Using other people's work in this way suggests to all that he's dodgy as he's getting the pics in a dodgy way.

The general rule for most people out there buying on the internet is: "If it smells like something crap, it probably is." And people are nervous enough as it is buying off the net. Our sponsors know this and have sites that are professional and put together properly to instill confidence right down to when you complete a transaction.

He's been judged by the market this way (us) because he's chosen to promote that way - and has lost business as a result.

Here endeth the lesson.

Hopper.

Hopper,

i agree 100 percent.

i think Ray should update his site with his pictures as some of his work looks very good. i will be sure to mention it to him.

I only found a picture gallery, this gave photos and ideas of what you could do with a keg set-up. I couldn't find where he said he had made any of it. I admit I only skimmed his site.

Batz

Batz,

there wont be anything on the site as i just checked it again myself......

all in all im happy with the service i received from Ray and hope this helps someone else.....

as mentioned before..... i meant no disrespect to anyone, just helping out !

aussie brewer looks a lot like marlin coast home brew to me , based in Cairns..

cant tell from the 1800 phone number but the logo is very close ...

cheers

Perhaps the logo is borrowed too...

"Well that's what a good logo could look like, I never said it was mine!"

:p

Latest posts

Back