Anyone Been To Buffalo Brewery?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Im heading up to the King Valley wine festival this weekend and would love to get in a brewery trip if we have time. The Buffalo brewery seems to be the closest to where we are staying.

Has anyone been there? Is it worth the visit? their website is down at the moment.

Bridge road brewers in Beechworth or Bright Brewery. They might be a little further (although i dont think so?) but then again they also make drinkable beer.

Unless something has changed from the time i went there, the same cant be said of the buffalo brewery.

I'm currently addicted to this brewery's beers. Their Pale Ale is excellent, and their Bling IPA isnt too shabby either.

I've seen them in the bottlo but never been enticed enough to try them. So might have to convince the missus to drive that little bit further and go to Beechworth instead.

Thanks for the tips gents.

Go on, drive further and try out Bridge road brewers in Beechworth.
Great place and great beers!

I didn't mind buffalo brewery but wasnt very fond at all of bright brewery so that interesting.
I would say its a bit disorganised though.
However Bridge Road is definately a win!
None of them are very far from one another and its easy driving up there. Some of the dirt roads from bright across to whitfield show off some of the better examples of the remaining tobacco kilns.

Definately some good wines up that region though. Pizzini (who also own the mountain view hotel), LaCantina & Boggy Creek are my favorites up that way. And credit where its due BB do some nice wines too.

I didn't mind buffalo brewery but wasnt very fond at all of bright brewery so that interesting.
I would say its a bit disorganised though.
However Bridge Road is definately a win!
None of them are very far from one another and its easy driving up there. Some of the dirt roads from bright across to whitfield show off some of the better examples of the remaining tobacco kilns.

Definately some good wines up that region though. Pizzini (who also own the mountain view hotel), LaCantina & Boggy Creek are my favorites up that way. And credit where its due BB do some nice wines too.

Were staying within walking distance to Boggy creek winery and going on a bus winery tour on Saturday.

Hopefully on Sunday will head up to Bridge road.

Any brewery is worth a stop...market research!
I popped into Buffalo a few years ago. As i recall the beers were good. (But I am easily pleased)
They had a few big stuffed Murray Cods and fresh water crayfish on the walls and one of the locals was telling stories about the one that got away.
That made it worthwhile enough for me.

Its in an odd spot - quite litterally bum **** no where.

True. I do generally prefer people to places.

Well Bridge road brewers was worth the visit.
Great beer and great food. I even manage to convert my wine drinking brother in law and his wife to beer drinkers as they enjoyed their beer.

Their Pale Ale is spot on Ted, makes me feel better that mine is so cloudy as theirs isn't what I would call very clear. Has that real home brew look and taste about it which gives it character I think.

View attachment 50283

What did you think of the King valley over all?
And the wine festival?

What did you think of the King valley over all?
And the wine festival?

Mate it was a fantastic place. And yeh you were right where we stayed was in the middle of bum **** junction. The nearest town Moyhu was a good half hours drive away.

Wine festival was great, we did a bus trip to the wineries on Saturday but it rained all day and they were all packed so it was hard to find shelter in some of them. Sunday we went to Brown brothers and they had a band and heaps of wine and food. A great setup, so we spent the day there.
Then went to Milawa cheese and brought some cheese, dips, olives and prosciutto and I brought a 6 pack of Bridge road brewers Pale Ale which we had for dinner that night.

I also really liked the Robust porter that Bridge road do, very nice, was the wifes favourite as well.

Didnt happen to go to the mustard place at Milawa? Guy who runs it is a brewer and is talking about doing the micro brewery thing too.
Thats 'one day' country for me. I'd love some property up there

No mate missed that one. It's bloody nice country up that way. Except I couldn't live in Myrhee.
One day we got back to the b & b , wine, cheese nibblies and then realized we had no ice to chill the wine and the owners were out.
It was a 20 min drive back to the moyhu pub to get some ice.
That's a bit to isolated for me. I need a general store at least 5-10 mins away. But yeah some land around Miliwa would be nice.

On the back road to Whitfield from the B & B we saw some nice camping spots along the King river. The bus driver said they get very busy in summer. You ever been there before Komodo?

Back