Anybody tried the dollar a tin lager from Aldi?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tun 5.0 in the green can, when it was available last Christmas, was actually very much a VB knockoff and would be perfectly acceptable to most VB drinkers. The 4.0 is pretty dreadful though.

Why does VB get so much hate?
I actually prefer it to most of the megaswill

If you had a choice of crown, tooheys, carlton, vb or carona I would take the VB every time

Bribie G said:
The Tun 5.0 in the green can, when it was available last Christmas, was actually very much a VB knockoff and would be perfectly acceptable to most VB drinkers. The 4.0 is pretty dreadful though.
Pretty sure it was the green 5.0 I left on my friend's table in favour of something less hideous like woodstock and coke premix.

Wonderful party.

Don't know how Tun Bitter entered this conversation, Rivet is a vastly better beer. And it's not a great beer. Tun Bitter is borderline a 'beer'.

Just before I got back into brewing after a long hiatus, BWS had 24 500ml cans of oettinger for around $40. How bad can beer made under Germany's purity laws be?
I dont mind the oateys. Liquerland do a cheap german magaswill called hennenger thats better however.

Rivet lager is just ok but it does have a much stronger beer flavour.

Latest posts

Back