Anybody Found A Laptop - Free Beer For Life!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone has backups, just not current ones.

Mr Croucher said the laptop contained important information and while the company had back-up copies of its work they were not as up-to-date as the stolen data.

How can a life time supply actually equate to 12 beers per month?? Thats 3 beers a week!! I am sure most people here enjoy that on a daily basis - 3 beers that is.

How can a life time supply actually equate to 12 beers per month?? Thats 3 beers a week!! I am sure most people here enjoy that on a daily basis - 3 beers that is.

The bottles may each hold several gallons. That would be the only way!

Surely not after reading the latest health warnings. :ph34r: :lol:

Link. :icon_drunk:

Stuster I was having a good day until I clicked on your link. In my opinion those sorts of articles should be banned from sites like this....okay no they shouldnt freedom of speech and all that etc I liked the part in the article that said some of the risks of having more than two drinks a day was that you could get drunk :blink:

Pubs, clubs, micros, the wine industry etc would pretty much go out of business pretty quick if something like this became law. And dont even get me started on the number of standard drinks in a wine bottle - 7!! When was the last time you poured seven glasses of wine out of the one wine bottle??? Vu Due Monde and other super posh resturants might do it but not in my home.

Stuster I was having a good day until I clicked on your link. In my opinion those sorts of articles should be banned from sites like this....okay no they shouldnt freedom of speech and all that etc I liked the part in the article that said some of the risks of having more than two drinks a day was that you could get drunk :blink:

Pubs, clubs, micros, the wine industry etc would pretty much go out of business pretty quick if something like this became law. And dont even get me started on the number of standard drinks in a wine bottle - 7!! When was the last time you poured seven glasses of wine out of the one wine bottle??? Vu Due Monde and other super posh resturants might do it but not in my home.

As the old saying goes, "when the doctor orders two drinks a day, just don't ask about the size of the glass."

Liver cirrhosis takes a damn sight more than two drinks a day to develop. The liver is a remarkable organ at adapting to the toxins it's exposed to.

Cardiovascular damage... come on... two drinks of wine or dark beer help PREVENT cardiovascular damage due to their antioxidant content.

This limit is just silly. I guess they're making it two knowing people will have six.

That article is a media beat up

It starts by saying that anything above 2 drinks poses a health risk

and then qualifies this by saying

"Those risks included getting drunk or intoxicated, or having an accident."

So the actual risk of drinking is getting drunk - oh my :huh:

Can't argue with drinking being dangerous during pregnancy though

We are really living in a nanny state

Cheers

I think it is an excellent article and one which should be trotted out whenever someone questions your No Chill Cubism, sanitation practices or similar, along with railway crossing statistics and the likelihood of dying from hypothermia after getting locked in a commercial freezer. :blink: :ph34r:

Stuster I was having a good day until I clicked on your link. In my opinion those sorts of articles should be banned from sites like this

Don't worry. I'll ban myself for the day for posting that. I was having a good month until I read this and realised I'd already had my month's allocation with more than half the month to go. :lol:

Don't worry. I'll ban myself for the day for posting that. I was having a good month until I read this and realised I'd already had my month's allocation with more than half the month to go. :lol:
So as a punishment no beer for the rest of the month then? ;) :p

Anti-alcohol campaigners have heralded the changes as "the most stringent safe-drinking guidelines in the world".
Safer than Saudi Arabia?!?

Methinks they're talking out their arses.

Quick google search reveals;

From Linky

Consumption of alcohol, including wine, increases the risk of several common cancers, even though many studies confirm a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease from alcohol intake. An article appearing in the Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis presents definite evidence of these findings amongst other papers as part of an open forum discussion on wine, alcohol, and cardiovascular risk.

"Moderate alcohol drinking, less than 25 grams per day, has a favorable role on cardiovascular disease risk," states Professor Carlo La Vecchia, co-author of the article. "[However] it is associated with increased risk of cancers of the upper digestive tract and larynx, and also of the intestines, liver, and breast." The article lists primary liver cancer, cancers of the female breast and of the large bowel in both sexes, as being associated with alcohol drinking. Further death from diseases including cirrhosis, chronic pancreatitis, hypertension and stroke are strongly related to alcohol drinking.

25g/day is equivalent to 2 drinks from Linky

Now I'm no Darren (I No Chill and boil in a plastic kettle and all) but there's no use kidding ourselves!

"Ducks for cover as flamewar commences"

EDIT:I guess ignorance is bliss

So as a punishment no beer for the rest of the month then? ;) :p

No, please, no. That's just a cruel and unusual punishment.
nono2.gif

Well, maybe I can do it. I'm sure I can get through our club brew day tomorrow without touching a drop.
rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back