Any Suggestions On A Leffe Stout?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swizzle

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has made a leffe stout and if so sugegstions on a ~preferably beginner friendly ~ recipe would be appreciated.

thanks...

InBev make a stout in Leuven?

edit - Sure you're not mixed up with Ellezelloise or De Dolle?

No, but I can give you ideas on the new Duvel stout

Well any ideas ona good drop would be welcome thanks!

Don't know a fat lot about either. Similar?

when you say you don't know a fat lot about it, does that mean you at least know it exists?
you are probably talking about the leffe brune.

and sinkas what's this duvel stout? i've missed the news there, sounds intriguing... another in the series like the duvel extrahop?

Damn that's a fine drop. Duvel Dark's another good one.

Are you referring to Maredsous Brune? There are only three beers that I know made under the Duvel name by Moortgat, and they are all pale/golden in colour. (Duvel, Duvel Groen and Duvel Extra Hop).

sinkas was joking..

Are you referring to Maredsous Brune? There are only three beers that I know made under the Duvel name by Moortgat, and they are all pale/golden in colour. (Duvel, Duvel Groen and Duvel Extra Hop).

sinkas was joking..

*goes down to the cellar to check her empties*

Oops, my bad. I meant Kozel dark. Damn foreign beer names. Is Duvel czech as well?

AG or Goop?

Goop.

To be honest the enquiry is on behalf of a sans www mate back from Sweden who claims to have drunk "Leffe stout." Figured it'd be nice to try to replicate it for him (yeah I know, just the sorta guy I am...).

Pardon lack of responses for next few days - heading to WA and planning to spend any down time at Little Creatures...

Latest posts

Back