Any Places Good Places To Buy Beer From In Geelong?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAbier

Reaction score
Heading over to Geelong this weekend from Adelaide, and just thought Id ask if anyone knew of any good bottle shops in Geelong that stock beer from microbreweries of the area or other parts of vic, such as Jamiesons etc, or even nice brews from overseas that we cant get in Adelaide.

Cheers

Seb

BTW , is there any way to edit the topic titles, or delete a topic altoghether?

You could try Dan Murphy's on Pakington St, or across the road ( and down about 100m) there's Vintage cellars. Randals (also strangley on the same street ! but in Newtown - 5 km away) have a small selection too.
All in all, slim pickin's.

if ya wanna drive 20km down the road to corkscrew bottle shop it will be worth it

Not sure where to buy it but because Geelong is close/on the bellarine peninsula...maybe a few bottle-o's will hae it...keep a look out for an Australian Stout brewed by
Bellarine Brewing Company ...Mussell stout...they actually put mussells in the secondary...Not a bad drop...worth checking out their list of ales and pils ( no affililiation etc )
Cheers
Ferg

Randalls wine merchants in newport as above have just got 2 cases of kooinda pale ale in. First time in geelong so if you want some get their asap.

If you're doing the road trip, it might be worth going via the Colac route, and popping into Otway Estate, about 10 mins down the road towards Barongarook. Their Stout is great!

Also, worth having a look on the same stretch of road is Red Duck Brewery cafe, in Camperdown. Haven't had their beers myself, but have heard good things.

Edit: Just found this link http://www.otwayestate.com.au/outlets.htm. I figure if they're stocking Otway's stuff, they're going to have more than just your usual VB/TED range. Good luck.

Bump

Im interested too

Also interested in where did you end up going?

Thanks for the replies guys, had a local take me down to Nardis cellars in Highton they had everything, Red Duck, Otway beers etc, Bought myself a nice Duvel gift box with a couple of beers and a tulip glass which I had been after for a while.
450px_Duvel_and_glass_sunday.jpg

also went through Colac and stopped at Camperdown on the monday to grab me a six pack of their lovely IPA. Dont understand why its not available in Colac which is half way between both towns
All in all a good weekend away.

cheers

btw, Ballarat was freezing.

Latest posts

Back