Any Other Hobbies?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm into motorcycles... and I have just successfully corrupted the rest of the family.... :)

I've ridden for years, and my wife of 2 years just got her licence last week, and her son is booked in for this Saturday.

We've got a few bikes in the stables at the moment, my Kawasaki ZX6R, my wife's Ducati Monster 750, and a trusty old Honda CB250 commuter I use to get to work and my step son is currently learning on. I plan to buy myself a new ZX10R for my birthday in August though. :)

I grew up riding in Melbourne, and after moving to Sydney it seems only logical to catch up with my riding mates from Melbourne in the Snowy Mountains a couple of times a year. I also try to get down to Phillip Island for the GP, and we have a regular trip to Tassie every year too.

Cheers
Ben

I'm used to be into flying slope gliders/Combat Wing. Have many moodel planes.

Nowday's

Camping
Fishing
4x4
This year I have had a rest but the main interest for the past 5 years would definately be clay target shooting. I am also a member of feild & Game & the ACTA.

Used to be into television production for a couple of shows down on melbourne channel 31, mainly involving cars and bikes. Also spent time on a race car team.
These days I fly single engine aircraft up around here (the whitsundays). Not for a dollar yet but one day. Don't get to fly too much these days, brewing and taking care of #1 son takes up a bit of time, since my partner has to work as well to make ends meet.

My hobbies are

My farm

My Morris Minor 1000 Ute.....just had the motor rebuilt with 997 cooper pistons to make it 1044cc. Waggot Cooper 'S'' cam, extrators etc....the rest is completly original right down to the bench seat and colour

Motorbike...Ducati 750 monster...

My son...

Beer and Oysters...I am lucky that I can get the best Oysters on the eastern seaboard cheap and I am only 30mins away to the Oyster farm

Using chainsaws to cut down trees and make stuff

Burning cut down trees whilst drinking beer

Fishing and mountain bike riding going up to the blue mountains to take to a few trails its good fun. It's also a good counteract on the brewing hobby, keeps me fit.

Outside of brewing (which I don't do as much as I'd to like but a man can only drink so much beer):

Shooting. Nice to see a few shooters on here. I do a fair bit of rimfire and air rifle silhouette shooting which is my other main interest. Would like to do more centrefire silhouette (FUN!!) but we don't have a centrefire shooting range locally. Also shoot 3 positional and field rifle every week too. Really enjoy competitive shooting though (and hunting when I get the chance).

I also love building stuff. Anything really. I find something cool to build and then I research it and work out how to do it. Eg. Last night I built an alcohol camping stove out of beer cans just as an improptu project. The funny thing was that one of the sites I was reading about these stoves was written up by C.D. Pritchard (some might recognise the name from links involved with brewing using electric). Funny how sometimes people on the otherside of the world follow similar paths. (If your interested in the a similar style stove: http://home.chattanooga.net/~cdp/popstove/popstove.htm). I'd also like to build a chopper custom bicycle from old bike parts but at the moment I'm limited in workspace.

Love building brewing related items and designing and problem solving the ideas. Just wish I still had open access to a workshop again to do it properly.

Also rock climbing, MTB's and many others. Too much going on.

Fishing and mountain bike riding going up to the blue mountains to take to a few trails its good fun. It's also a good counteract on the brewing hobby, keeps me fit.
I bought a mountain bike on Saturday which happened to be SWMBOs birthday. Had my first ride Sunday morning. Started out with the ride from the Mulgoa lookout along the skyline then down some good descents back to Mulgoa Rd and Glenmore Park. Can't wait to take it out again.

Love my fishing and hunting, Guitar, and doing family history things

Get your shades on B)

RG550DY_small.jpg

When I get time away from brewing, kids, work, etc, I'm into mountainbike riding, running, cooking, music (didg, guitar, pan pipes, harmonica, tin whistle - very ordinary at all of these :p ), camping, 4WD-ing, and when I can afford to get down to the snow - skiing & boarding.

Cheers - Snow

Here's one of my hobbies, this was before I started brewing.

self-27_11_04-19.jpg

self-27_11_04-16.jpg

self-27_11_04-14.jpg

I'm on the drums at our EP Launch @ The Transit Lounge (The Metro) in Nov 2004

I've since left the band but still have the occasional bash and meet up and jam with the rest of the fellas who are still going strong. Just came back from touring in Melb last weekend I think. Any Macquarie Uni students here? As they will be playing at Conception Day next week

I write scripts no-one reads and make the occasional short film or radio serial that few people watch/listen to.

I used to play the drums as well but about 4 years ago I moved interstate and left them behind in storage... one day i'll ship em up. Ditto surfing.

Having kids, buying a house etc have curbed my free time for hobbies.

I love flyfishing, BBQ'ing and some photography. Have been travelling alot (currently living in Istanbul for work and last year in the US) so I've been really enjoying the weekends and annual leave when I get to see and experience some different things. The microbrew scene in the US is fantastic. The efes beer in Turkey isn't so good but the atmosphere can't be beat.

Not much of a handyman but I'm improving and love tinkering in the shed. Recently taught myself to weld and have been learning lots of new skills as a result of brewing. Give me a brewery, a BBQ, a mountain stream and a shed to tinker in and I'm a happy man.:beer:

Oh yeah, and I can also play the fiddle.

Shooting, fishing and motorsport.
Going Deer Hunting this coming weekend with two custom built rifles that I made. One is a .257 Roberts Ackley Improved on a Mauser 98 action the other a .270 Winchester on an M17 action.

Regards,
Lindsay.

Here's my toys.
Although the Playstation under the telly gets more of my attention these days... so so sad.
IMG_0630_1_1.JPG

This was my hobby and passion, now they pay me to play, that's the kind of hobby you want.
Attached is some of my Yadaki/Margo [Didgeridoo] near the bar, and me playing at a multi-cultural Festival.

Sticks_web.jpg

Roma_st.jpg

Hi guys, I'm into growing and breeding orchids, it's how i relax after a big day by having a beer and watering them. I have many different colour varieties but most of them are cattleyas (slc,blc etc), I could have many hundred of them but I keep breeders and sell the offspring at the markets when in flower for a few dollars each to support my beer supplies.

Cheers Kizzy.

We got lucky.....the venison is now hanging in the cool room.
I hope this photograph does not offend too many people.
The Fallow Deer on this property are feral and the owner wants rid of them. For him they are a pest. But let me tell you, getting close enough to shoot one is a mission in itself. This young doe should prove to be excellent venison.
What style of beer goes with venison??
Deer_Shooting_015.jpg

Regards,
Lindsay.

Latest posts

Back