Any Ideas For Building Your Own "drip Tray"

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My drip tray
suddenly appeared in my tool bag.

LOL! In a similar vain, my cousins never have any shortages of glasses either. Whenever they are running low, they gather up a group of girls with handbags in tow and go on a pub crawl. They'll clink-clink all the way home and wake up with a couple of dozen pint glasses, ready for washing...

Bump, was wondering if anyone ended up grabbing some "ikea" drip trays..? and how have they faired..?

converting my fridge soon and they look the perfect 'cheap' option.. i'll probably bolt 2 together.

LOL! In a similar vain, my cousins never have any shortages of glasses either. Whenever they are running low, they gather up a group of girls with handbags in tow and go on a pub crawl. They'll clink-clink all the way home and wake up with a couple of dozen pint glasses, ready for washing...

hahaha

ive done that sorta.. - handbags and lots of girls

i was at a 20th and took my drink outside and walked home with a pint glass and a real nice schooner

yay go me

then my mate stole em

back OT
tray.jpg
my drip tray is happy on top of the fridge and a crisper drawer on the floor for the time being.

I got a mate in a stainless shop and he made this for me. It only cost $50.00 and is shaped for a three tap font. My only problem is that i said i would drill the hole in it for the font to go into and i drilled in into the wrong side. I felt like a complete F*** wit and had to get him to make a second bottom for it and than just used some silicon to refit the base.

At least he got a good laugh out of my stuff up.

I dont use a top for it as it would have been heaps more and than i have to bits of stainless to clean up spilled beer from.
:)DSC06952.JPG

back OT
View attachment 13120
my drip tray is happy on top of the fridge and a crisper drawer on the floor for the time being.

Nice one Tangent....
how are you finding it..? think i might order 2 off the net now.
are they strong enough to use on the door... with some brackets underneath...?

i think i'll grab 2 and bolt them together, then get a few brackets to sit them on.

they're quite thick, designed for a big pot of food so a few full pints won't touch it.

nice... they're a bargain at $12..! perfect solution for my setup.

Kong - I've longing looked at my Miss Sylvia and thought that it was a mighty fine drip tray...

but you don't really use it for beer do you ?

No goat..! hahahaa
i would never treat silvia like that. never.

I'd love to use this nice drip tray, its attached to some other useless hunk of stainless steel and i dont have an angle grinder!

Minore2.jpg

yeah I so wish it was mine, here i am stuck with Miss Silvia instead, good enough for the time being, speccy with the pid ;)

Oh yeah...topic, thats right, I have an idea for building a drip tray, get some stainless sheet and drill a bunch o' holes in it :p

Latest posts

Back