Any Good Brewing Books?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginsoakedstranger

Reaction score
The wife says that our baby is getting me a brewing book for Father's Day. Any suggestions? I thought about the John Palmer book or the Camra Guide to Brewing...anyone got these?

I would get brewing classic styles, but thats because I want it!
I actually brought Classic Styles first, thinking that the online version of How To Brew (plus forums, blogs, videos etc) would be adequate, however I found that the hard copy, new version, of How To Brew is often and very useful.

Brewing Classic Styles, Designing Great Beers, and How To Brew=must have's

Thanks for all your input. I didn't want to be disappointed by getting one that wasn't worth the effort. I'll check out the search as well (should've done that first, cheers).

I bought How To Brew, Designing Great Beers and Radical Brewing on Amazon for about AU$70 all up.

I find How To Brew great for improving my process, Designing Great Beers invaluable for recipe formulation, and Radical Brewing good for inspiration and different ideas.

Next on the list is Brewing Classic Styles.

Cheers,
Basement

The wife says that our baby is getting me a brewing book for Father's Day. Any suggestions? I thought about the John Palmer book or the Camra Guide to Brewing...anyone got these?

Make sure you check Book Depository (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/) before buying - I've found it's often much cheaper than local bookshops and the postage is free.

I just recently purchased Brewing Classic Styles, Brewing Beers Like Those You Buy, Brew Your Own British Real Ale and one on Altbiers and Marzens. All from the book depository.

Brewing classic style +1
How to brew +1
I also liked The Everything Homebrewing book. Good all round beginner/intermediate guide. Depends on the level of knowledge you're after I guess or if you want recipes.

Brewing Classic Styles, Designing Great Beers, and How To Brew=must have's

Three books I wouldn't do without.

Designing great beers gives you the science and maths behind why beersmith/brewmate/recipator whatever work the way they do. Easy to rely on software to calculate for you but understanding the principles is underrated.

How to brew - easy to follow, simple basics all the way up to more complex, technical brewing but still simply explained and written.

Brewing classic styles - good, well tried recipes in so many different styles. I almost always make up my own recipes but it's still a great reference point for ideas and suggestions.

As others have stated, but my fave would have to be Brewing Classic Styles. But as you can see they all have some sort of bookmark or another :lol:

IMG_0110.JPG

Thanks Lads for all this info. Done Done and Done. all bought of book depository
Cheers
Chucka

Back