Any coffee snobs out there?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, saved me googling. That is a nifty looking bit of kit. Very nice.

Been doing a 24hr cold drip of Yemen Mocha at work lately. No fancy gear, just a spigoted funnel dripping into a aeropress sitting on top of mug.

Edit. Tastes out of this world.

I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob but I've been roasting for a while with basic equipment. I Picked up a $1600 hot top coffee roaster for $45 at a garage sale a Month or 2 ago. Pretty happy with that and the coffee has been good.

Has anyone tried or grown coffee bush's. I tried a few years ago but the dirt I had was crap so they just ended up dying

Ducatiboy stu said:
Has anyone tried or grown coffee bush's. I tried a few years ago but the dirt I had was crap so they just ended up dying
I tried with the same result......
A mate who lives in Townsville had much better luck, but he grew them just for the trees, not the beans.

Cheers,
RB

Crusty said:
Righto! Who owns one of these Hario coffee syphons?
They come in 2, 3, or 5 cup versions. I don't mind the fiddling around if the coffee's good. My Espresso machine shat itself so looking for my coffee fix, hot or cold.
Yep! I'm addicted to gadgets. Chemistry in the kitchen, I like it.

I've got one. Use it camping :)

Worth filling with boiling water to save time.
I found a store in melbourne which carried hario accessories and bought paper filters and holder for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Ducatiboy stu said:
Got a friend at Alstonville that is very successful. Got that red volcanic soil.

Latest posts

Back