Another Rochefort 10 Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a small version of this next weekend hopefully for a top up brew.
Leaky ******* tap on my fermenter lost me a good 10L of nearly fermented goodness.

Just about the most expensive beer I ever brew, thankfully my rent is cheap.

Yup, the dollars quickly stack up. I had a bottle a couple of nights ago of some of the R10 that didn't make its way into the barrel. Delicious.
Winter evening drinks sorted.
Well actually... Now i have to choose between this and barrel aged RIS.

Cracked the last bottle of the last batch yesterday.

Must have been in the bottle a bit over 3 years.

Still delicious but there was something that suggested much longer and it would be deteriorating rather than inproving. So many individual factors at work, including storage conditions so if you were ultra careful packaging and storing cold, you could probably push more.

Anyway the recent batch went into CC at the same time and I am convinced (if I wasn't already) that proper ageing makes this nectar of the gods.

Head retention was unbelievable. Decanted a 500mL bottle into a pint glass, then drank from a westmalle tulip while brewing and doing other stuff. Remaining beer was in the pint glass for close to an hour with a small, tight off white head that didn't change. Great stuff, can feel it in your bones after a glass or two.

Back