Another Perth (hopeful) Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StalkingWilbur

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

Been lurking the forum for a while now and trying to take on as much information as I can to prepare myself to enter the all grain world. I've had ambitious dreams of a 3v set up but considering my current time constraints (2-1 FIFO) and living in a townhouse with a small courtyard I have decided to go the BIAB route.

I am currently keeping a close eye on the buy and sell thread and also trying to piece together the best ideas everyone has had whole still keeping it simple enough for a beginner to make a shopping list. I still haven't even decided between electric urn or pot and gas, however opportunity may decide for me if the right second hand gear were to appear.

I'm very excited to start this journey and greatly appreciate all that I've learned from this forum so far. If anyone else wishes to help get a beginner going with some ideas and experiences, please feel free to help me out!

The first beer I have in mind to brew is a clone of Rogue's Dead Guy Ale that I found a recipe for. The second could possibly be a Flanders Red Ale.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, especially my fellow Western brewers!

Cheers.

Brendan

Welcome aboard, mate. Heaps of people start out in BIAB with just the urn (Buy 40 litre) and go from there. If you choose to go the 3V route in the future, you will still have an awesome HLT.

Good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, 3v can definitely wait. I'm just looking forward to getting my own brew happening. Doing some clones will be good, but the first recipe I Crete is what I'm really excited about!

Back