Anhc Low Abv Brew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah you have to be attending the conference to enter into these conference brewing competitions. another reason for you to go!
Totally understand the reason/logic behind this - especially the bragging rights bit - but at this stage I don't have plans/ability to attend the conference, so after a day of excited-planning, I'll go back to my normal brewing schedule.

So you must be attending the conference to enter?

ok, update on this. had a good question on whether or not going to the dinner/club night/beginners session makes you eligible to enter this low abv comp. it does.

so, if you're supporting the conference by buying any of the packages you can enter this comp.

cheers

I've been thinking about 3% beers for a while now. Sounded like a great idea to start testing out my theories with competition feedback.

Alas, I'm not going to ANHC this year so I'll have to limit my testing to my friends and me.

I got excited by this comp too until you, after the fact, mentioned one crucial little tidbit of info about conference attendance.

Perhaps PM a mod and have them put this piece of information in the original post?

Great idea for a comp, low ABV beers are quite challenging. Interested to hear what sort of beer ends up winning it

I got excited by this comp too until you, after the fact, mentioned one crucial little tidbit of info about conference attendance.

Perhaps PM a mod and have them put this piece of information in the original post?

Great idea for a comp, low ABV beers are quite challenging. Interested to hear what sort of beer ends up winning it

our humble apologies for the op omission and for the momentary excitement dr.s. also sorry to hear you won't be making the conference.

we will of course post the results of the comp on this thread when it all happens.

cheers

From the ANHC newsletter 03/08:

"Revision to the Low ABV Competition

Due to an overwhelming interest from the homebrewing community, we've decided to open the low-abv comp to all persons including non-attendees! Should a non-attendee win, they will be acknowledged in naming rights and their recipe will be brewed in large scale and served at the conference. If a conference attendee-entry wins, they too will have naming rights, their recipe brewed in large scale, served at conference PLUS will be eligible to win some amazing conference prizes.. we're talking Keg King swag: kegerator, C02 gas bottle, pluto gun & reg, etc. Simply put, only a conference attendee abv-comp winner is eligible to win conference prizes but the competition is open to all persons in our homebrewing community. C'mon, hug time.

For more information, check the comp page or email [email protected]"

reVox

Thanks Revox,

Yes folks, we've thought long and hard, and given the conference organisation is all about doing things to benefit the homebrewing community at large we've extended the competition to anyone who want to have a shot.

There are some catches around the prizes though (we do need to make sure there's something special in there for those showing us the love by parting with their hard-earned cash to attend), so check out the latest mailout for details (should be out shortly), or tune into the website for updates (sometime this weekend).

May your brews be good brews (especially your ABV ones :) )

Andy

oh wonderful anhc committee you are like the yoga instructor of brew conference committees....... so flexible (with inner peace too :D)

so you heard it from 'the men' folks........ this competition is officially open to all.

but remember, entries have to be at grain & grape by sat 15th sept. being a low abv comp you should be able to brew a few between now and then. i brewed one last weekend and i'm going to do another this weekend (i'm not actually entering the comp, i just love (my) low abv beers..... ;)

once again, thank you most gracious anhc yogi for answering our call and granting us this competition metamorphosis x x x x

Great work guys.

I was already planning some mild ales... Now there is a serious target.

Due to an overwhelming interest from the homebrewing community, we've decided to open the low-abv comp to all persons including non-attendees! Should a non-attendee win, they will be acknowledged in naming rights and their recipe will be brewed in large scale and served at the conference. If a conference attendee-entry wins, they too will have naming rights, their recipe brewed in large scale, served at conference PLUS will be eligible to win some amazing conference prizes.. we're talking Keg King swag: kegerator, C02 gas bottle, pluto gun & reg, etc.
If I was cynical I'd suggest that is a good incentive for the judging panel to ensure that a non-attendee wins. :ph34r:

Nah - still gotta give the prizes away to someone, its just extra work to figure out how if its not the low abv comp.

Far too cynical Wolfy - its about sharing the love, the love of beer...mmmm, beer.

Completely blind tastings, judged by the committee and (if I can find a volunteer) independently stewarded. That should keep it ll on the straight and narrow :)

Smoked scottish 70/- - enough said :)

So, 2nd and 3rd places get the same treatment, attendee or not, for prizes?

Cheers

If the winning brewer(s) are not attending they will have their beer produced commercially and served at the conference ( with all due credit, pomp and ceremony). Bragging rights will be yours nationally...

Conference delegates are eligible for some other outstanding prizes. that means 2nd and 3rd place getters can only be conference delegates.

Andy

Latest posts

Back