Andale Font Connections

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greeno

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just wondering what is happening at the bottom of my andale font? do the lines run all the way up inside the font or do they connect to a pipe at the bottom?

Can i replace theses lines?

Thanks,

Greeno

Edit: i know that the glycol lines have a clamp and can be removed easily. :)

IMAG0098.jpg

yeah they run to the back of the disconnects inside the font. Andale's in particular are (allegedly) a PITA the change the lines in compared to other fonts.

Hi Guys, just wondering what is happening at the bottom of my andale font? do the lines run all the way up inside the font or do they connect to a pipe at the bottom?

Can i replace theses lines?

Thanks,

Greeno

Edit: i know that the glycol lines have a clamp and can be removed easily. :)

View attachment 28103
Greeno I have seen both methods used on Andales. If you remove the nut around the beer tube you will find out.As sammus suggests its not an dead easy job to replace the lines, I have done it before but Its not fun.
If they are not stuffed I would consider just joining on to the existing lines and give a good clean.Did you get your snap locks ?
GB

Greeno I have seen both methods used on Andales. If you remove the nut around the beer tube you will find out.As sammus suggests its not an dead easy job to replace the lines, I have done it before but Its not fun.
If they are not stuffed I would consider just joining on to the existing lines and give a good clean.Did you get your snap locks ?
GB

yes i sure did! they arrived today. Thankyou so much, they are great.

Cheers,

Greeno

yes i sure did! they arrived today. Thankyou so much, they are great.

Cheers,

Greeno

Hi Greeno,

Is that a Brass Font? It looks just like my one which was sold on EBAY as nearly two identical items, (I bought one). I have attached pic for comparison. If it is the same, then what I did was got it overhauled at the LHBS - Marks Home Brew, (Newcastle). Basically new seals, New 5mm beer lines, instead of the 4mm ones it came with which were prettu nasty looking, and new nuts etc. He did a great job very quickly.

I would not recommend to do it yourself, I didn't do mine. Not saying you can't do it, but if you have not done it before... But If it is the same font as mine, it needs to be reco'd. Also Andale do not supply all parts for my font anymore, it is pretty old, so there was a bit of stuffing around to get things to fit and seal.

Good luck.

Fear_n_Loath

DSCN3523.JPG

Hi Greeno,

Is that a Brass Font? It looks just like my one which was sold on EBAY as nearly two identical items, (I bought one). I have attached pic for comparison. If it is the same, then what I did was got it overhauled at the LHBS - Marks Home Brew, (Newcastle). Basically new seals, New 5mm beer lines, instead of the 4mm ones it came with which were prettu nasty looking, and new nuts etc. He did a great job very quickly.

I would not recommend to do it yourself, I didn't do mine. Not saying you can't do it, but if you have not done it before... But If it is the same font as mine, it needs to be reco'd. Also Andale do not supply all parts for my font anymore, it is pretty old, so there was a bit of stuffing around to get things to fit and seal.

Good luck.

Fear_n_Loath

Hey,

Yeah thats the same one... How much did they sting you to reco it?

I got it of ebay about 3 months ago.

Cheers,

Greeno

PS... how much did you pay for that drip tray??

Hi Greeno,

I also got my Font about 3 months ago off ebay. There were two for sale, with the other unit having taps with it as well, so I guess that is the one you got. I am very happy with it. It may not be the prettiest Font around, but it has a lot of character and does the job.

Didn't really get stung at all. For the price of the parts, MHB basically done it for me / showed me how to do it. So I reckon I got it done very cheaply. That reco and the advice on setting up the freezer from MHB saved me quite a bit of money and time and meant that fortunately I did not make any mistakes along the way.

He does look after his local customers and that is the benefit of in turn supporting your LHBS.

You should be able to find someone in Sydney that can sort it out for you. If your's is anything like mine, you have to change the beer lines and probably the bottom seal as well.

Happy to share any info if you have any other questions.

Fear_n_Loath.

Hi Greeno,

I also got my Font about 3 months ago off ebay. There were two for sale, with the other unit having taps with it as well, so I guess that is the one you got. I am very happy with it. It may not be the prettiest Font around, but it has a lot of character and does the job.

Didn't really get stung at all. For the price of the parts, MHB basically done it for me / showed me how to do it. So I reckon I got it done very cheaply. That reco and the advice on setting up the freezer from MHB saved me quite a bit of money and time and meant that fortunately I did not make any mistakes along the way.

He does look after his local customers and that is the benefit of in turn supporting your LHBS.

You should be able to find someone in Sydney that can sort it out for you. If your's is anything like mine, you have to change the beer lines and probably the bottom seal as well.

Happy to share any info if you have any other questions.

Fear_n_Loath.

Unfortunately mine did not come with taps...

Im not sure about my LHBS, I am in Campbelltown, I have been down there once and there is an older German guy running it, everything seemed over priced.

Can anyone else recommend a good HBS in the area?

Hey I know what you mean. I spent 34 years in Campbelltown - I grew up there, and know the store well. Many Saturday mornings were spent in that shop tasting the odd beer and learning as much as I could. Thay have all the basic stuff that most Home Brewers would need. I agree that he may not be your best person to help with this job, but it would not hurt to ask. He may know someone who can do it.

Maybe someone else on AHB can suggest someone in your area.

Good Luck, Fear_n_Loath.

Long shot;
Does anyone have a locking nut for an Andale font? Its a 3 tap, so the smaller of the Andale range. The diameter of the threaded pipe it needs to screw onto is approx 40mm. I dont understand the thread size black magic...
Andale themselves are looking for one at head office but dont like their chances.
Willing to pay.
Thanks,
mckenry

mckenry said:
Long shot;
Does anyone have a locking nut for an Andale font? Its a 3 tap, so the smaller of the Andale range. The diameter of the threaded pipe it needs to screw onto is approx 40mm. I dont understand the thread size black magic...
Andale themselves are looking for one at head office but dont like their chances.
Willing to pay.
Thanks,
mckenry
Andale came through. Only $11. They also went through a whole bunch of questions with me to ensure I get the right thread, size etc. They were actually very helpful. Far better than my prior experience. Most of their stuff is ex$$y but some is actually a lot cheaper than elsewhere. I wont write them off again.

+1 Andale, their disconnects are the best I've used and have a SS metal pin, only $15ea too!

Also their Pluto gun is bulletproof and pours a better beer than my perlicks, LOL.

Back